September 2012 Weddings
Options

Gift Registry

So is it ok to register at like 3 different places and then also have a registry for our honeymoon?  I don't know if its too much or not.  Thanks ladies!

Re: Gift Registry

• Options
    Personally it seems like a little much. I would only do 1 store and a honeymoon registry if it was me but I know we are all different
  • Options
    I'm doing 2 registries, so I agree with PP, maybe 1 registry and a HM one? How many guests are you having?
    0403_0929W BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I agree with PPs. Maybe if you were having 400-500 guests, it would work, but other than that it seems like too much (and kind of gift grabby at that point IMO) We're doing 3, but our biggest will be BB&B, our "nice" stuff will be Belk, and we're putting probably 10-15 things on REI.
  • Options
    Well yea we are doing one at pottery barn that won't have alot of things on there and then one at target where a majority of our stuff will be on there and then we were thinking home depot since we just bought a house.  We are having 100-150 people we just have so many people from different places and states that its hard to just pick one place. 
  • Options
    That seems like one too many registeries to me, personally.

I'd also disourage you from doing a honeymoon registry.  99% of those companies have you "register" for a snorkle trip (or whatever) that costs $100.  Your guest buys it for you.  The company then takes a surcharge (3%-10%) and gives you a check for $97-$90.  You then still have to go purchase the snorkle trip yourself...assuming there are still openings.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers

image 225 Invited so far!
    image 148 Are ready to party!
    image 77 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are MIA!
  • Options
    I think it depends largely as well on the number of guests you have...
  • Options
    Going against all the PP's here but....
    I think it depends on how many gifts you register for at each place. If you only have a few gifts at each place, then I think its fine actually. I saw that you should have about 2x as many gifts as guests. So, if you have 3 registries but it ends up being about teice as many gifts as people you're inviting, then I think thats fine.

Actually, as a wedding guest, I find it more exciting when theres more gifts to choose from! I try to pick a gift that will have a personal meaning, or will be fun, etc. So honestly, to me, the more variety the better! 

You can always just register for a honeymoon registry where people deposit money into a Paypal account for you, and you can use it toward whatever you want.

Happy registering!! :)
    September 2012: May Sig
    Honeymoon Location: Punta Cana, DR
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_gift-registry?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:e9bde968-2404-4d84-b378-ad427a3db725Post:5206b59e-27d2-4f94-879c-dbb916552b89">Re: Gift Registry</a>:
    [QUOTE]Going against all the PP's here but.... I think it depends on how many gifts you register for at each place. If you only have a few gifts at each place, then I think its fine actually. I saw that you should have about 2x as many gifts as guests. So, if you have 3 registries but it ends up being about teice as many gifts as people you're inviting, then I think thats fine. <font color="#ff0000">Actually, as a wedding guest, I find it more exciting when theres more gifts to choose from! I try to pick a gift that will have a personal meaning, or will be fun, etc</font>. So honestly, to me, the more variety the better!  You can always just register for a honeymoon registry where people deposit money into a Paypal account for you, and you can use it toward whatever you want. Happy registering!! :)
    Posted by ekk120[/QUOTE]

This is pretty much how I feel, WE HAVE 4 and each store's registry kind of covers one area for us.  Also we invited 275 guests.  I think in the world of online shopping now choices aren't bad, its better.  Its not the same as if they had to visit each store al anyone really has to do it look at your registry click the item then buy they can even have all of them open at once to compare. 

Granted there are guests who aren't online shoppers or are more traditional etc  thats why you need to pick at least one typical brick and mortar registry type of store.

I do not really like the honeymoon registries either, but thats really dependent on a lot of variables, FI and I are at odds on this oen right now too.
    Sept 2012 Siggy:Bridesmaids' Dresses
    Bari Jay 911 in Raspberry
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I am having 2 registries and then asking for Home Depot gift cards.  I thought about the Honeymoon registry but talking to a few people, they say the guest that want to give you money will just give you cash/check rather then put it towards your honeymoon registry.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards