September 2012 Weddings

Lunch and Question

Good afternoon, Ladies -

So sorry I'm late again.  Totally forgot it was Wednesday and we were swamped at work today. 

Today I had a tukey sub from Subway.  What did you ladies have for lunch?

I was thinking today about how I can't wait until the wedding is over to have more time and money for fun things, like traveling and just shopping for normal things again.  LOL!  What are you ladies looking forward to after the wedding? 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Lunch and Question

• Today I had a Chobani yogurt, pretzels, and mini fig newtons.

Believe it or not, the number one thing I'm most looking forward to after the wedding is getting to call FI "husband", because "fiance" always sounds weird to me and I get uptight when people still refer to him as my boyfriend.
    Anniversary
  • I had an eggplant parmagiana panini and a peach chobani yogurt.  

Looking forward to most?  Not sure what the number one is, but I'm looking forward to buying a car, to start saving for a house (as opposed to the wedding), and to not feeling like all my time and plans are dedicated to the wedding!
  • I had a lean pocket and cheezits ha

Fiance and I live in Houston, parents and where the wedding will be held are in Michigan. I'm looking forward to visiting "home" and not having meetings and wedding related things to do. I just want to relax with my family and enjoy each other.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • bridalmommabridalmomma member
    First Comment
    edited June 2012
    Had a ham & cheese sandwich, quick & easy!

Looking forward to our 10 year aniversary cruise... even though it will be our 12 yr anniversary! Last year was our 10th, but we got hit by a tornado so all "extra" $$ went for home repair/improvement. Then this year all "extra" $$ went into M & R's wedding fund. Next year we CRUISE!!!!  Tongue Out
  • Today I had a piece of whole grain bread with an egg and a tiny bit of super sharp cheddar.  (Went home to walk the dog at 3:00 and ate then.)  I also had a frozen fruit pineapple pop for dessert.

I think I'm looking forward to buying a house.  We've moved so many times and really can't wait to have a big house with a yard.  We really want to restore an old farmhouse, so we're looking forward to that.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Like PP said, I am looking forward to saving money for more "long term" things (marriage is long term, weddings are not) like a house and I desperately need a car.  I think though I'm going to be overwhelmed with extra time though because I'm not taking classes in the fall because I'll miss too much school with the wedding and HM so post wedding when I only have work I'm going to be thinking uhhhhh what to do with all this time?!  It will be a great respite though before I head into grad school so I will appreciate it!

• 1. Chopping off my hair!
    2. Not having the extra stress that has come with planning.
    3. Making our apartment a little more "us." Getting rid of old hand-me-downs.
  • Lunch is a turkey sandwich, carrot sticks, and strawberries.

I'm most looking forward to normalcy after the wedding, lol.  I want my life back! And a hair cut! I hate my hair long, because it's pretty thin and I can never do anything with it. But, I wanted it long for the wedding, so there's that. Also, it will be nice to not have to scrimp and save like crazy on everything, and maybe buy some clothes. Oh, and I'm looking forward to being married!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards