Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

some excitement for me

follow up to my anger & sad thread forever ago: saw a new derm yesterday. she was super nice and super helpful. she didn't agree with the last dr's suggestions at all. she enrolled me in the plan for accutane (i'm taking the plunge so that i hopefully can just be "cured" and not have to be on something forever..here's hoping) and gave me some antibiotics and creams in the meantime (takes 31 days to start the program-bloodwork and negative preg tests are needed first). i explained that i was losing my health insurance as of the next day, and she was very kind and understanding. she said if i didnt have health ins by the time the 31 days was up she would find me something cheap in the meantime to get me by until i got insurance. it was nice to be treated like a normal person and not like a weirdo. i go back oct 5th. also-ironically enough while i was in the dr's office i got an email from a friend of mine who works at an office i worked at over a year ago. i was temping and they couldn't keep me, but have been trying to get me back. his email was kind of cryptic and he asked me to call him, and i've never spoken to him on the phone, so i knew something was up. he never called me back, but late last night i received an email from their office manager telling me that a position has opened up in their pgh office and she wanted my updated resume. i was hoping that was finally happening!! i didn't tell her about what happened with my last job, and i'm hoping she doesn't ask (although it's plain as day on my updated resume. i almost fudged it, but FI was against the idea of being dishonest...so i agreed). anyways-i could use some vibes that they hire me back! it should hopefully be a raise in pay for me, or in the very least the same pay, and i've already done the work and know it's much easier than the last job i was in. they outsource their dictation, so the only thing i would ever transcribe would be last minute emergencies (they happen rarely)!! they also have offices all over, so if FI gets in the coast guard i might be able to transfer my job. yesterday was quite a day!

Re: some excitement for me

• Options
    edited December 2011
    That's great! But I dont' know if I understand.. Accutane is SUPER expensive even with health insurance. I was on it for 3 months years ago and I believe that it cost something like $100 with insurance. What is she going to give you that is cheap that isn't Accutane until you get insurance? Don't you have to take the Accutane continuously for it to work?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    jlryan1jlryan1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's great news! Sending job vibes your way!
  • Options
    McBridetobeMcBridetobe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good for you, Jenny.  I'm glad some positive things are happening!  :)  Continued vibes!
  • Options
    jennybean2010jennybean2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    she said that accutane has cheap copays and does have a generic now. but if i don't have insurance she'll find me a cheap antibiotic and/or creams to use in the meantime. accutane is a 5 month plan (i wish the last dr had informed me of this detail) so once i have insurance to start it i'll be able to take it consistently. i asked if the generic happened to be on the $4 list at giant eagle...hahaha. not so much! hey almost everything else i take, minus the lexapro and imitrex, is on that list so i figured it was worth a shot! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Well, that's good. Accutane is tough (very drying) but worth it in the end.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm glad you've heard some positive news in the past day! GL with both things :)I have an amazing derm in Pittsburgh and I'm so glad I found her. I'm driving all the way back home for minor surgery on my back this fall just so I can go to her!  Glad you found a doctor that you like :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'll have to google a little to figure out what you're talking about... but Yay on having such a productive day!  It's so nice to find a doctor who's down to earth- they are a dime a dozen. And super vibes for getting that job! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That's great about the job!  Vibes that you get it.Depending on your particular insurance, the co-pays on generic Accutane can still be astronomical.  I had amazing health insurance when I was in grad school and on accutane, and it still cost me nearly 100 a month (the brand name would have been 300).  Here's hoping that your insurance will cover it even more.
  • Options
    jennybean2010jennybean2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks girls!! sara-accutane is a super drug to "cure" acne. it has alot of side effects, but it's a miracle drug. you need to be on BCP's to be on it and have to have monthly preg tests bc of how severe it is. i've been staying away from it since it was first suggested when i was 14, but i am finally giving in and crossing my fingers!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Many vibes for this position working out!! That is also great news about the derm. Sounds like you had a great Monday!
  • Options
    pinksonyapinksonya member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    GL!  I hope the position works out!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    vibes for everything working out!
  • Options
    morainemommorainemom member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Vibes, hugs, and good wishes for everything, jennybean!! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    super drug? monthly preg test? wow- that sounds serious.  Please be careful- you know we'll luv you even with some acne on your face!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    jbean - vibes your way.  if you wouldn't mind sending me your derm's contact info - I am still going home 7 hours to visit the derm, but since we've been here 3 years almost, I figure it's time to switch!  lol  bwidrick at gmail dot com.  DF made an appt for somewhere in Shadyside - and they can't get him for 8 months!!  I hate that!   Word of the wise, you may be able to qualify for patient assistance program to get the meds for free w/o insurance.  I would google accutane patient assistance and see what you can find!
    August Siggy Challenge- Wedding Must Have - sleigh cake stand Bio updated 04/05/10.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yay, congrats and vibes for a happy resolution.  I'm glad you've been getting some good news!

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Super late but many good vibes!! Happy to hear things are looking up for you!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Good vibes to you! I don't understand why you think it is apparent with your resume what happened with your last job. If asked, you should respond "I left to pursue other opportunities" or "I left looking for a different work-life balance."If they ask you point-blank if you were fired, you would have to say yes. But if not, I think a layoff is a reasonable assumption for them to make given the current economy. If asked, your former employer can only answer questions such as "Were they employed here?" and verify dates of employment, title, and salary. Asking if the employee was fired is not something most employers want to get into, I have heard. I think the cost of the meds will depend entirely on insurance. My sister had very good insurance and I know her copay wasn't anywhere in the hundreds. (But that was union insurance, ahh, I miss PA's unions!)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    GL!  I hope it all works out...many vibes!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards