September 2012 Weddings

QUESTION.....

Anyone else paying for everything themselves????  I am so frustrated.....and BROKE! Our wedding is next week and we seriously have no money left.  UGH!!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: QUESTION.....

• I hear ya on that!  Just hink after the wedding is over, you'll again have $$$.  Thats what I keep telling myself lol
  • same here! just can't wait to stop paying for all these things! feeling broke as a joke right now! :)
    -kristine!

image 233 made the cut!
    image 186 are ready to party!
    image 47 are party poopers!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Oh i was just compaining about this with co-workers today! Plus our pay cycle at work is the 15th and last. So it feels like forever between paychecks. And then the pay comes, and money goes out to vendors or something wedding related. 15 more days. That is all we have to get through.
  • Ok good, glad I am not the only one!  So stressful!  Everyone else I know that is getting married has help in some way, whether their parents pay for the photographer or for the cake or something!  Unforunately our families are in no position to help us financially.  My FI says" You already knew that" but part of me still thinks some of them should step up and help out.  Not to mention that my bridal party has been no help in planning.  It's sad that I want it to all just be over.  Shoulda' eloped!!!!  lol  I cannot wait to get on that plane to Costa Rica.....atleast that's paid for! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I hear ya!  We just bought a house and the littl eodds and ends we need to make it liveable are killing me because I see them as wedding guests.  Our mortgage will be way cheaper than renting a place but I won't feel the savings until this wedding is over.  I've had a friend say "Oh people's gifts will pay for the wedding."  Well I can't turn a blender into a photographer's payment and even if they give cash, if they bring it to the wedding it is a little late!
  • No kidding!  I feel so broke, and we haven't even paid final payments yet.  But FI is getting all over my back about all the money that's being spent.  I keep telling him it's wedding expenses, and we won't be spending money like this after the wedding, but he just keeps freaking out on me.  It's not like we don't have the money or we haven't budgeted for it.  I've stuck to the budget really really well, and all I get is him freaking out about the money.  I'm not looking forward to final payments.  I just want the next 4 weeks to be done, and have fun at my wedding and honemoon!

So In Love

Josh and Renata's Wedding

Planning Bio

• I feel your pain... we're gonna be cutting it really close, I think. :(
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • It is awful that we all just want to get this process over with! It's even worse that I dread each "yes" rsvp. I just think, great! you and your $300 worth of children are coming...
    My Fiance and I just celebrated our anniversary exactly 1 month before the wedding and it consisted of a $5 bottle of wine, no presents. We are THAT broke. :(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards