September 2012 Weddings

Postage?

We're going to buy our postage for the Save the Dates, this weekend.  I was wondering if anyone knew if forever stamps would be ok to use with our pocketfold invites.  I know they'll be heavier than a regular invitation suite, so would those still work? 

I went to the post office yesterday and the woman was a complete b*tch, so I ended up walking out before I gave her a piece of my mind.

Re: Postage?

• jacquiroxxjacquiroxx member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited February 2012
    I don't believe so.  I know before postage went up in January, most girls were paying around $0.64 to mail their pocketfolds (it's what we budgeted for too- eek!).  Best thing to do is make one, then take it to the post office to weigh it.  I'm going to go to 2 different post offices to have them weighed and buy stamps for the higher weight.  I heard a horror story from a bride who sent out her invites and the postage was a penny off, so all her guests got the invites with "short postage" notices all over the envelopes.  No thanks haha

The STDs should be okay with forever stamps though :)
  • You'd have to find out how much postage they need.  Forever stamps work only up to $0.45 these days.  You can do forevers and add a second stamp in necessary.  Does your post office have one of those automated machines that you can buy postage thru?  What I did with ours is took it in and pretended I was going to mail it to my FIL by putting in their zip code on the automated thing.  Then it prompts you with how you want to mail it and how much each option costs.  Since the cheapest option said 45 cents, I know I can use regular postage on them.  I'd also check out the usps's website.  Standard postage only works up to a certain weight as well as certain sizes/shapes.  Things that are too small, too big, have hard things in them (like a pen or buckle or something), don't have the right height to width ratio (square envelopes cost more), etc can't use standard postage.  Check out the website and if you are still unsure, I'd check out a different post office. 
  • MY trifolds I mocked up when I started working on invites came to 65 cents. Same as my Save the Dates (between the card and magnets it was pretty heavy), I have a postage meter at work so I've been trying different variations an dI jsut can't get them to stay at 45 cents but oh well

Sept 2012 Siggy:Bridesmaids' Dresses
    Bari Jay 911 in Raspberry
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I didn't want to risk buying forever stamps for my invitations since they will most likely be too heavy. But I DID buy for STD, shower thank yous, wedding thank yous, and RSVP cards. It was like 200 stamps!
    September 2012 Siggy Challenge: Wedding Preview!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker

122image 110image 12image
  • I had forever wedding stamps left over from my STDs, I was planning on just putting them on the RSVP envelopes when I send out the invites.
  • I used $0.45 wedding forever stamps for my save the dates, but they were smaller than pocket folds.  I would assemble one and have it weighed before you buy your postage.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers

image 225 Invited so far!
    image 148 Are ready to party!
    image 77 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are MIA!
  • DirtyWater,
    I work in a post office. Anything over 1.0 oz (which I think yours will be as you describe) will probably need 65 cents for postage. There are 65 cent wedding stamps now available - it's a stamp of a wedding cake. They come in sheets of 20.

Forever stamps are 45 cents. There are new LOVE forever stamps that are 45 cents. We can't sell them until Valentine's Day though. They're red with white lettering the word "LOVE" as ribbons.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards