October 2014 Weddings
Options

10-3-2014

Hi everyone! I just got engaged a couple of weeks ago after dating 2 1/2 years. We don't really want to have that long of an engagement (Sean, my fiance, keeps asking to go to Vegas lol), but in order for my mom and brother to help and to afford it, it has to be this long. Plus I insist my wedding is in October lol. How does everyone else feel about their long engagements?

I would love to hear more about what everyone else is doing for their weddings, since we all have the same mindset setting our dates October 2014!

Re: 10-3-2014

• Options
    I've been engaged since October 2011, and we'll be getting married October 2014. It's not ideal, but there are a LOT of reasons for this.

October 3rd is my parents' anniversary :)
  • Options
    Our long engagement is due to our financial situation, I haven't started actively planning yet, but I'm sure we will be footing most of the bills. And the fact were both catholic, but haven't been to church in years, so well need to start over to be accepted in the church.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I just got engaged on 12-21-12 and I agree. we would love to have a short engagement but with money situations and all we will be paying for most of the bill. I am still in school and working barely 40 hrs a week.
    I think that if you feel the date is rite then that is what you should go with.
    I also insist on having an October wedding because we started dating in 2010 and 10 is the month. also because of the fall colors it will look so pretty for pictures.

if he is happy with having a 2014 wedding then that should be your date.
    don't let anyone push you to do what they want:D

happy engagement!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards