Interracial Weddings

Board Check-In

How are you ladies doing?  If you're still planning, where are you in the process?  Any checks to report?  If you're already married, how is that treating you?

H and I have been married for over two weeks.  We're living in our house and settling in, which is nice.  I also love the neighborhood as well - we live in the house (and by extension neighborhood) H grew up in.  It's a longer commute to work, grocery store, church, etc., but it's also scenic, flat/level (more conducive to exercising since I'm getting back into it), and it just all-around more of a small-town feel, even though we still technically live in the city.  My dog also enjoys having more space to run around and he's getting exercised more regularly, meaning he's even better behaved. 

I'm still getting some final things out of my apartment (i.e. clothes, books, and dishes).  I'm also cleaning it so that it will be ready for the final walk-through.  I am throwing out most of my things, including my furniture, due to repeated bug infestations in the building (off-campus student housing slumlords).  I'm looking to make sure I don't bring unwanted critters into my new house.

I have a feeling that I will have to fight the management company on the security deposit.  To make a long story short, the original management company went defunct about halfway through my living in the unit due to malfeasance/fraud, and the owners and staff at the company got in a lot of trouble.  So when they closed, they shredded all documents, including leases, notices of prior damages, etc.

The current management company doesn't want to maintain the building and tries to charge tenants for basic maintenance (e.g. electrical problems, leaks, etc.).  They argue that they have nothing to do with how the previous management company kept the building and units, so they're not responsible.  However, according to Ohio law, a new management company assumes the contracts and responsibilities of the previous one. So we'll see.

Re: Board Check-In

• edited December 2011
    7 months and 3 weeks left. We are doing pretty well. Thiss week I am working on getting  room block together for our out of town guest. I am also starting to address our save the dates so that we can send them out next week. Yesterday we started a gift resigtry and got my fiance fitted for his suit. I will be speaking to a florist this weekend and wil hopefully book her if we can come to agreement. after that is done alll we have left to book will be the cake baker.So all in all, we are ok. 

Sorry about the apartment issues. I hope that all comes together in your favor. But i am glad that you and your new husband are settling in well. Congrats again!
    " he's the perfect rhyme to a tight beat." Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Durham1008Durham1008 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    44 days left! Major checks...invitations were sent, completed 3 out of 4 premarital counseling sessions, finally found someone to make our cake, finished gifts for my girls, and bouquets/bouts are done. Still need to get alterations for my dress, get his suit, get gifts for his guys...so much left to do. And it's getting so close!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards