Interracial Weddings
Options

What type...

...of appetizers are you choosing for your reception.  FI eats/tries everything...but I'm picky.   I'm not a dairy person, so I'm trying to be unbiased toward cheesy, milky tid bits.  What would you have?  How many types of appetizers are you having? Hot or cold?

Any thoughts?
S and CJ image imageWhen is my wedding
Visit Purple.weddings.com Image and video hosting by TinyPic Cream to my Coffee

Re: What type...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm not sure what exactly yet but we get 6. 3 hot and 3 cold.I'm not a big diary person but FI is so there will be at least 1 cheesy hoe d'oevour. I have no clue what though. Plus we won't be around for most of it. :(
    " he's the perfect rhyme to a tight beat." Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We did 4 appetizers. It was a mix of hot and cold. We had cheese and crackers as well but we also had vegetable spring rolls, coconut shrimp, beef wellington and pigs in a blanket.

Have you tasted what your venue/caterer has to offer? And remember it has to be what your guests would like. Not necessarily what you want. Cause as the bride and groom, they should be able to make something special for just you both. Plus you just might be too busy taking pictures to even care :-).

Hope that helps.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    mybooboosmybooboos member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We will have:
    * mini crab cakes w/ old bay remoulade sauce
    * jerk chicken skewers w/ mango ginger sauce
    * portobello fries
    * plantains skewers with a honey dipping sauce
    * lobster & crab bisque shooters
    * coconut shrimp w/ red chili sauce

I wanted to have items that fit our theme (Chesapeake & Caribbean), as well as some items for vegetarians. I hope that holds them over during the cocktail hour, prior to having dinner!
    Presentation is everything!! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    needle&threadneedle&thread member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think I'm going to have 8 appetizers (hot/cold) with cheese/cracker/veg spread.

I'm worried the food because some of my guests are ill.  Trying to be conscientious of the diabetics, peanut allergen, hbp and the acid reflux people...sounds like fun...huh?  (That reminds me...got a cousin with emphysema; gotta sit him next to an outlet for oxygen...no candle for his table...Wink)

My girlfriend got married last summer and didn't forget I don't eat dairy...so I had a totally different entree from the entire wedding...that was cool and thoughtful and it tastes really good; I really enjoyed myself. 

S and CJ
    S and CJ image imageWhen is my wedding
    Visit Purple.weddings.com Image and video hosting by TinyPic Cream to my Coffee
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards