Interracial Weddings

Natural curly hairstyle suggestions?

Congrats to you all!

I am in an inter-racial relationship, and we'll be married May 26, 2013!

I am Jamaican/Arawak, French, English, Irish and he is English, Italian, Irish.

Anywhos, I cut my hair a little over a year ago to my natural texture, which is tight spirals with major shrinkage. If anyone knows the curl chart it's mostly 4a, with the middle kinda 3c. I have been tossing around a couple of ideas, but am still unsettled.

The last style I think I decided on is pulling my hair to the side leaving a curly poof, with a little bump toward the front,  then putting flowers around the poof.

Anyone have similar hair qualities? What are you gals going to your hair? I'm still at the point where I am afraid to straighten my hair and risk damaging my curls!

Re: Natural curly hairstyle suggestions?

• CrystaH11CrystaH11 member
    100 Comments Second Anniversary 25 Love Its First Answer
    edited January 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_interracial-weddings_natural-curly-hairstyle-suggestions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:c9069c39-6e1f-4397-9e66-aeb7ed51fccbDiscussion:940f199e-2cd3-483c-9d3f-1895ec464bcdPost:96ccde0b-e726-468c-b1d7-9c72c7218f16">Natural curly hairstyle suggestions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Congrats to you all! I am in an inter-racial relationship, and we'll be married May 26, 2013! I am Jamaican/Arawak, French, English, Irish and he is English, Italian, Irish. Anywhos, I cut my hair a little over a year ago to my natural texture, which is tight spirals with major shrinkage. If anyone knows the curl chart it's mostly 4a, with the middle kinda 3c. I have been tossing around a couple of ideas, but am still unsettled. The last style I think I decided on is pulling my hair to the side leaving a curly poof, with a little bump toward the front,  then putting flowers around the poof. Anyone have similar hair qualities? What are you gals going to your hair? I'm still at the point where I am afraid to straighten my hair and risk damaging my curls!
    Posted by nlittle80[/QUOTE]

I also have curly hair, around the 3A, and don't want to straighten it or have it flat against my head on my wedding day. I love my curly hair!! I'm aiming for something similar to <a rel="nofollow" href="http://www.hairstylesvane.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Messy-side-bun-hairstyles-a.jpg">this</a>, I'm sure it could be adapted to any curly hair style.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards