Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

Inviting our Pastor-A Logistics Question

Hello everyone,

FI and I are being married by a pastor that we did not know well before he agreed to marry us, but we have really enjoyed getting to know him and are so excited to have him perform our ceremony.  We would like to invite him and his wife to attend our reception if they choose.  

We are seeing him tomorrow for one of our premarital counseling sessions.  My denomination does not require very many sessions, and his church is around an hour away from where we live, so we may not see him in person again until around the time that invites should go out, or later.  

My question: When we see him tomorrow, should we ask him his address and wife's name so we can send him his invitation at home, or should we address it to "The Reverend and Mrs." and send it to him at the church?  We like him a lot, but since we don't know him well asking for his home address feels a little too personal in some ways.  On the other hand, I would hate to incorrectly assume that he and his wife have the same last name, or have the invite get lost in the shuffle of church mailings.  

Thanks in advance!  

Re: Inviting our Pastor-A Logistics Question

• Options
    I would go ahead and ask him! He is providing premartial counseling and that is indeed already involving himself in the most personal aspect of your life. I'm sure he would be happy that you thought of including him & his wife. Best of luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Go ahead and ask him.  It's totally appropriate to invite the officiant and his/her spouse/fiance/e/SO at his/her home address.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards