Wedding Invitations & Paper

How to address an envelope for a soon-to-be-married couple living together?

When we sent out the save the dates they were in a relationship and living together.  Since then they've gotten engaged and set a date for their own ceremony.  Their wedding will be a few weeks before ours, so by the time of our wedding they'll be married.
Do I address it as if they are married or unmarried?  When they receive their invitations it will be right around the time of their own wedding, either days before, or possibly just shortly after.
She plans to take his last name after the wedding.
What do you think?

Re: How to address an envelope for a soon-to-be-married couple living together?

• I would address as if they are unmarried b/c at the time of the invitations going out, they are unmarried. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Ditto PP.   You address based on who the person is a the moment you're sending the invitation.
  • Unmarried...and then on any assigned seating cards they'd be married (assuming you're saying "Mrs" on them and whatnot or if you're putting them together as a couple on a card).
  • If they're not formal & she's taking his name, I'd probably write the future X's but I'm cheesy like that.
  • Agree with mlg

i'm doing this for two of my friends who will get married the month before.
  • jcrmcjcrmc member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary
    How do I address to a couple who are not living together, and I will be inviting her son as well? The save-the-date was addressed to: Ms. E. Sxxx and Family. For other guests who are in a relationship, I have addressed the invites to Ms. C. Bxxxxxx and Mr. C. Bxxxx, but it would be long and weird (IMHO) to write out Ms. E. Sxxx and Mr. J. Hxxxx and Family, because a) they arent married so it isnt both their family, b) if he has kids, they arent invited (work friend of FI and her bf). Do I just invite the adults by name and let her know that her son is also invited?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards