Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

Envelope Writing

My fiance and I are on a very strict budget and don't want to spend anymore money than we need to. We don't want calligraphy on our envelopes - it's too formal for us. We are both very casual people and seperately we both thought of using a typewriter to address the envelopes. Would that be too casual? It's a brunch wedding if that helps at all.

Re: Envelope Writing

• Options
    It's also becoming more popular to print directly onto the envelope in a scripty but legible font. A typewriter is too harsh looking for a wedding invitation, IMO.

Unless you are having a Mad Men type of "theme", with 1950's and 1960's style, the typewriter wouldn't appear to be appropriate.

I agree with the above. I printed directly from my home printer.
  • Options
    PeavyPeavy member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    Ditto lovethebeach.  Either hand address, or run them through your computer's printer with a nice font. 
  • Options
    Thanks guys I appreciate the opinions :) I had mentioned handwriting them, but my mom and sister talked me out of it. Apparently my handwriting is ugly.. who knew?
  • Options
    I printed mine on clear labels with a pretty font. We both have terrible handwriting and can't afford caligraphy. IMHO, no one looks at the envelope for very long anyway.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards