Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

When do invitations go out?

The Knot timeline stuff all says 3 months, but I always thought 6-8 weeks....

Re: When do invitations go out?

• Options
    I did 7.5 weeks.
  • Options
    TK timeline is a bit off. 6-8 weeks is standard.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_when-do-invitations-go-out?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:2342a0ff-d9cc-41fd-84fd-c229c4abf055Post:f77d2484-5fe7-4814-9204-3dcfa8a96c3e">Re: When do invitations go out?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just sent my invitations in the mail yesterday and I may have done something very stupid. On the RSVP card I put my  address on the back flap, but on the front I put the person's name with their address. I am freaking out because I don't want the RSVP cards to go back to them versus coming to me but I don't know what is going to happen. Has anyone had this happen to them?
    Posted by vvelko[/QUOTE]

<div>Yikes, I'm not sure what to tell you.  The way that you have them addressed, your guests will just be mailing the RSVPs back to themselves.  Hopefully your guests will realize this and perhaps put a label or something over their address and put yours? I'm not sure what you can really do to fix it at this point.  </div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_when-do-invitations-go-out?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:2342a0ff-d9cc-41fd-84fd-c229c4abf055Post:6393ac7c-8661-4eb3-a11c-ef3702b04541">Re: When do invitations go out?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: When do invitations go out? : Yikes, I'm not sure what to tell you.  The way that you have them addressed, your guests will just be mailing the RSVPs back to themselves.  Hopefully your guests will realize this and perhaps put a label or something over their address and put yours? I'm not sure what you can really do to fix it at this point.  
    Posted by libby2483[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Yes that is what I am hoping for, but I am going to the post office tomorrow to see what they say about this. I will probably have to call all my guests if I screwed this up and tell them to put a label over it or just take the original label off. </div><div>
    </div><div>I have been stressing about this all day and I can't believe I did this, I have been upset with myself all day.

</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_when-do-invitations-go-out?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:2342a0ff-d9cc-41fd-84fd-c229c4abf055Post:0652c9c3-25d1-4560-9a7a-c55a5fe6f3ec">Re: When do invitations go out?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: When do invitations go out? : Yes that is what I am hoping for, but I am going to the post office tomorrow to see what they say about this. I will probably have to call all my guests if I screwed this up and tell them to put a label over it or just take the original label off.  I have been stressing about this all day and I can't believe I did this, I have been upset with myself all day.
    Posted by vvelko[/QUOTE]

<div>I know it is easy to stress about things like this, but remember that it isn't that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things.  I think calling your guests is probably the best course of action.</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_when-do-invitations-go-out?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:2342a0ff-d9cc-41fd-84fd-c229c4abf055Post:20ea3cd8-2108-4c20-b69e-d06810e564ad">Re: When do invitations go out?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: When do invitations go out? : I know it is easy to stress about things like this, but remember that it isn't that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things.  I think calling your guests is probably the best course of action.
    Posted by libby2483[/QUOTE]

<div>Thanks for the reassurance, it makes me feel better. Hopefully the FMIL is not too upset because over half the guests are from their list. I am sure she will give me a tough time, but it was an honest mistake.</div>
  • Options
    mrsbobfilsonmrsbobfilson member
    First Comment
    edited March 2013
    the etiquette book i have says 6 weeks unless out of state 8 weeks for them.

* But since everybody gets their STD cards in JULY for my DECEMBER wedding, I figure I'm good :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards