Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

Response Envelopes without Postage! Made a mistake

I made a big mistake. I forgot to put stamps on the response card envelopes. I couldn't figure out why I had so many leftover! I'm really stressing about this. What to do? Would you mail everyone a stamp? Is that incredibly weird? I feel terrible and I'm embarassed.

Please help!

Re: Response Envelopes without Postage! Made a mistake

• Options
    Make a few phone calls through your circles and apologize.  See if you can enlist your parents to help and they can tell guests, "If you want to call with your response, that's fine too."

• Options
    don't worry. i've received wedding invitations without postage on the response cards.  i didn't even think twice and just put a stamp on it. i don't think it's a big deal and i don't think you need to call people.
  • Options
    Ditto banana. People probably aren't going to be terribly upset. We are all human and make mistakes, right?
  • Options
    Don't worry about it now, I wouldn't send a stamp now. People will put their own stamp on it, should be okay
  • Options
    I'd probably spread the word, just so people notice that the stamp ISN'T there, otherwise they might just pop it in the mail. But it's not a huge deal, really.
  • Options
    Eh, I always check to make sure the response card envelope has a stamp on it.  The few times that they didn't I just slapped my own stamp on and went along my merry way.

I'm assuming most of your guests will do this too.  You can perhaps spread by word of mouth through family and friends that you forgot but I honestly wouldn't stress too much about it.
  • Options
    I also wouldn't worry about it. Mailing a stamp now would be pointless and cost you much more then necessary. If you want to spread the word you can, otherwise just drop it, they will stamp it and mail it back.
  • Options
    Don't stress about it.  I know it feels like a huge deal to you, but it's really not at all.  I've received response envelopes without stamps, and thought nothing of it (until now that you mention it, of course! :wink::)

It's not like someone's going to be like "MAN WTF.  I CAN'T AFFORD 44 CENTS!"  Don't worry about it.  =)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards