Wedding Invitations & Paper

Double Envelope - Printed Addresses versus Hand-written

I just ordered my invitations today!!  Super excited.
Going to have outer and inner envelope.  Was hoping to have addresses (return and guests) printed on the outer envelope and then address the invitation envelope by hand.

Question:  Would that be tacky?

Re: Double Envelope - Printed Addresses versus Hand-written

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_double-envelope-printed-addresses-versus-hand-written?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:26f258ad-443c-460f-96ea-a5c4006d2679Post:f63f6fe2-149f-479e-81f5-7e64f925902d">Double Envelope - Printed Addresses versus Hand-written</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just ordered my invitations today!!  Super excited. Going to have outer and inner envelope.  Was hoping to have addresses (return and guests) printed on the outer envelope and then address the invitation envelope by hand. Question:  Would that be tacky?
    Posted by lenasilva00[/QUOTE]

Yes.

The guests' names should be handwritten on both but you can have the return address printed on the outer.
  • Yes, I was going to print out addresses right on the outer envelope and then hand write the inner envelope with the guests names.
  • Hand writing the addresses is best according to etiquette, and it is the method that I prefer.  Printing the address directly on the envelope is becoming more widely accepted, though.  Personally, I wouldn't side-eye it.
  • I would do the outer and inner envelope the same - either both printed or both handwritten.
  • In Response to Re:Double Envelope Printed Addresses versus Handwritten:[QUOTE]when you say the invitation envelope, do you mean the inner envelope? nbsp;If so, it's not tacky at all. nbsp;The inner envelope is a good way to address it more personally. nbsp; We used "Aunt" and "Uncle" when appropriate on the inner envelope. Posted by TXKristan[/QUOTE]

I think a lot of people get confused by the inner envelope. It's to be addressed based on the formality of the event and not by relationship.
  • I think it is better to have booth of them hand-written or printed. I do not think it is a good idea to address them in a different way. It is opinion. I check with a very good calligrapher and she thinks the same way. She was very honest.
  • I do not know if I can recomend vendors in this post
  • Thanks so much for your opinion!!  It's the little things that get us :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards