Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

S/O Biggest Loser

Here's an interesting blog.  It's from Kai (a previous contestant)'s myspace.  She tells a bit of what is really going on-- the "week" isn't really 7 days, that they splice things together, etc etc.[url]http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.ListAll&friendID=127168868[/url] 

11-15-08
12-1-10

Re: S/O Biggest Loser

• Options
    themissizzthemissizz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I thought it was also interesting to know that they DO get paid for being on the show.

11-15-08
    12-1-10
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow - I'm still reading the Q&A, but it almost makes me want to quit watching.  The whole dehydration thing is nuts!!  I know things go on behind the scenes that we don't know about - but she talks about some high-risk stuff that could really damage a person's health. 
  • Options
    themissizzthemissizz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There's a lot there to take in.  I had read somewhere else that they all went to extremes before that last weigh in (with the protein/asparagus diet) but didn't realize many of the other things that she talks about.I like that she dispels the notion that these people are working out for 8 hours a day when they're on the ranch (I don't doubt that the finalists work out constantly before the finale though) because it's just not healthy for people to think that you can lose that much weight in a week and work out that much in a gym.  Your muscles need rest to grow!I'm a little annoyed by the show, but I won't stop watching, because regardless, it's motivational for me to see these people changing their lives.  Jillian now selling two day fast diets and diet pills irritates me because she was always saying that there's no magic pill and things like that.  She's trying to capitalize on her brand, that's for sure.

11-15-08
    12-1-10
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'll read this when I get home, thanks for the link.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow, this is a real eye-opener. I'm not sure what to think now...like someone said, I know there's stuff that happens that we don't know about, but I'm kinda shocked now. I'll still watch though, but definitely keep these things in mind.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards