Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

Need Font Advice

So, I bought this great addressing program - addx.pro - and it allows me to make lots of different style choices.  I know that I want to do formal for the outside envelope, and informal for the inside envelope.  However, I have a couple of questions I could really use some help with:

1. Looking at their site, there are lots of options.  I really like the idea of having two different fonts for the name and address.  What do you all think? 

2. I am trying to decide if the first font and the second font should be similar, or really different (like the address in a really plain script, after a flowery name script...)

3. I had hoped to show you the fonts I am considering, but when I copy them into this discussion box, they revert to a plain font.  You can look at them on the site, if you are inclined (www.addx.pro) - you can play with the styles and look at the fonts under "Set Style".

The fonts I am considering:
For Names: Parchment, Vilvaldi or Nuptial (it doesn't look as good in the font box as it does on the actual envelope...)
For Addresses: Arial, Vivaldi, Prisina

Any thoughts or input will be greatly appreciated!!!!!

Re: Need Font Advice

• Options
    I like mixed fonts.  Use Bec's advice - one scripty one, one non-scripty one.  I used Passions Conflict and Minerva Small Caps.  They worked out very well together!  PIB.
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • Options
    How did you get those fonts to show up here on the boards?!  They look great!

So, thanks so much for the advice.  I am still playing with the options (I LOVE this program - it allows me to mix and match, but it knows the etiquette AND I only have to enter the names and addresses once, but I can mix and match the styles and fonts for my wedding and future events.)

Also, any additional advice about which two fonts to use are super appreciated!
  • Options
    It's an image -- typed them in PS and saved it as a jpg.

As far as which to choose -- which is your favorite? which goes best with the style you want to have? Choose your script and then choose a block that supports it. FWIW, I don't like Arial with any of the ones you've shown. It's too "eh."

What serifed fonts does your program have?
    planning

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards