Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Clarification...

I am the "lurker" who happens to work at Duquesne University, HOWEVER I am NOT the coordinator for weddings in the Power Center... I'm certainly not trying to cause drama, but I feel a bit unwelcome :/
Favorite Thing About Fall- Fall Foods, apple pie, pumpkin cookies, apple cider... YUM!

Planning Bio

Re: Clarification...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Was there drama?  I must have missed it.  I don't think anyone means to make you feel unwelcome.Join in the conversations and you'll feel much more included.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't know what happened with you and any misunderstanding. Can you clarify? Thanks.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh no! Don't feel unwelcome. Are you getting married soon?I happen to work for a venue that does weddings, although I am not the wedding coordinator, so I am kind of in the same place as you.
  • Options
    themissizzthemissizz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hmm, definitely not something I would call drama, but.. From: jennybean2010 Date: 9/16/2009 at 11:09 PM hi amanda!who are the rest of the new knotties?? have i missed more intro's?! :(our ceremony/reception is at the lemont-VERY affordable!our runner up was the grand hall on the northside.third place was the rivers club (i liked that everything was included and you could stay there as long as you wanted).i'm trying to think of where else we looked. since you're a duq alum, you are able to book the new power room there. we looked in to it, but i was unhappy with the lack of help/response from their banquet girl (who also happens to lurk on this board, i believe). there's also: the circuit center; the morning glory inn; springwood; sheraton at station square; hilton downtown..good luck! The banquet girl may lurk on this board, it may not have even been directed at you.  LOTS of vendors lurk on this board.

11-15-08
    12-1-10
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Don't feel unwelcome!  One person does not speak for the whole.  :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    McBridetobeMcBridetobe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Is this from JBean's post in the "my first post" thread?Vendors lurk on the boards...she didn't say she was talking about you!  Is your wedding at the Power Center?Post more and you will feel included! 
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Way to go, Stace.  :P
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh - misunderstanding on JBean's part. I'm sure that she didn't mean anything by that.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Right, JennyBean?
  • Options
    themissizzthemissizz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know, WTF.  I've never broken a post before.  UGHHHH.

11-15-08
    12-1-10
  • Options
    elishanbelishanb member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We never get enough drama around here ;P Where is that P&E post THAT was some drama! ~Duqcheer~ feel welcome these gals are real swell!
    image.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    wow- you are sensitive... (this is italicized to see if it'll show up in regular font!)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Meg - Is that the post that you are referring to? It is good to know so that we can help figure it all out. You shouldn't feel unwelcome. But it is true... posting more helps! Just gotta jump in! :P
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Actually, this reminds me of something else from that post.  JBean, YGM from me!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Don't let JBean scare you away. She's harmless I promise! And this board is WAY nicer these days. There was definitely some snark in the good ol days. But everyone is welcome to post!

Dave & Jennifer 10.18.08
    My Doha Adventures
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks :)  I do work at the University and work in the same department as the wedding coordinator.  I don't want people to think that I am a vendor or am rude blah blah...Sorry if I seem to be sensitive, chalk it up to PMSI'll certainly post more.  I really appreciate all of the responses!
    Favorite Thing About Fall- Fall Foods, apple pie, pumpkin cookies, apple cider... YUM!

Planning Bio

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Btw - your webpage looks great, but if you are going to keep that in your sig, you may want to remove last names.Or, take it out of your sig and use it for guests only, and maybe create a bio in google sites without any personal information.  This is a public board, so you probably don't want all that out there.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    'Atta girl. :P    We all get sensitive and we all get biitchy. We're women after all. Haha. But definitely jump in and chat. We'd love to talk more with you. And - hey!- I just checked out your bio... Did you get your hair ideas from my blog? I still have my hair pin if you want to buy it. :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ditto about the last names! But your bio is cute! Very exciting! I was an October bride too! Best month to get married (IMO)!

Dave & Jennifer 10.18.08
    My Doha Adventures
  • Options
    elishanbelishanb member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Cute Bio! I haven't gotten around to doing one yet. Oh and btw we are date twins :) Almost a year to go now!
    image.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    How do I go about removing our last names? I can't seem to figure it out?!  Hopefully its easy!

Planning Bio

• Options
    jennybean2010jennybean2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    oooooooooo, why NOW the email makes sense!let me sum up:i have emails sitting in my inbox with your exact same name, so maybe it was you i talked to, maybe it was another girl with the same name. whatever the case-i conversed with someone about the power center and very much wanted to see it (which i requested) and had questions that i kept asking for answers to that i never got (from that person i was conversing with). the answer was important, because depending on the answer we may or may not have been able to consider the venue. the answer never came though. and even though i asked to see the venue, i still got no response. FMIL, who worked at duq at the time, had to make a phone call to ask for the person i was conversing with to get ahold of me. still didn't happen.i know that i then spoke with another knottie that had visited the PC several times and wanted to book it, but nobody was answering her questions either and she felt that overall nobody that she had met with really cared whether or not she booked. as we understood that it doesn't matter to the PC whether we book or not, but to at least answer our questions would have been nice. it was her first choice venue, but she ended up going with her second choice bc of the bad vibe she got from the people at duq.so, while i did not mean to make you feel unwelcome, it would have been nice if the person that i was conversing with had answered my one last question (so really, was duq going to charge us OT for a wedding over the school break, or were they not? and if so, what was the cost of OT? i still don't know!). the power center is now something i recommend with hesitation. thanks to the couple of girls that tried to have my back.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards