Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

allow myself to introduce...myself: )

2»

Re: allow myself to introduce...myself: )

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Stace--LOL at the crazy rainbow.  I'm not sure which is worse--the bright colors or the scandalous dresses some of those girls are wearing!Krebs--your BM dress is lovely.  I'm looking forward to seeing more!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hello and welcome. Love your dress!
    ME:44 MH:42 DE IVF 2013
    image Matrix image Ollie
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome! And congrats! Your dress is gorgeous.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    EmilyBerdellEmilyBerdell member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi & Welcome! Your dress is GORGEOUS! The BM dress is really pretty, too.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think maybe the idea of all black with different colored sashes might be really cute too! Just an idea. And maybe ou could have your flower girl in the purple you want (if you have one).
  • Options
    themissizzthemissizz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Black with different colored sashes and flowers in colors that coordinate with the sashes would be a lot less harsh.. good idea Sara!  It's true, it's just something to think about.  You could also put the girls in white dresses with colored sashes and matching flowers.  If I had a summer wedding, I would have put all my girls in white with sashes and I always hope that someone from this local board will do it!

11-15-08
    12-1-10
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The all black with the colored sashes does sound nice...The girl's sashes now are white. No flower girl for us. Went to a wedding once where the flower girl cried the whole time, wouldn't walk down the aisle or get her picture taken...kind of ruined it for me. Plus there are no little girls that we are close with that we would want to ask to be in the wedding. Ditto with the ring bearer.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    alright. about to disappear. heading home for the night (no...absolutely not was I knotting at work....haha) thanks to everyone for the feedback and it was awesome to meet you all! expect more posting tomorrow.....!!!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats and Welcome. You gown is beautiful. I'm partial to lace :P Sorry, but I'm with Stace about the rainbow. My mom did it in 1970, and yeah, that's about all I'll say on that topic. As a basic wedding color scheme though (like in flowers and invites and programs, etc), it can be gorgeous.
  • Options
    morainemommorainemom member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh what a lovely gown!  The BM's dresses are cute, too.
  • Options
    jms173jms173 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi and Welcome!  Can't wait to hear more from you and how the rainbow theme comes together =)
  • Options
    PensChick20PensChick20 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome! I just had to comment on your Rainbow theme. My friend (who was my MOH) had a rainbow theme last October. I was the "red" one. lol. It turned out really great. The only thing I recommend is: my friend got us bouquets that matched our dresses exactly which was a mistake because the flowers blended with our dresses and did not stand out. Do the flowers in contrasting colors, like blue with bright orange or purple with orange. This is the only other modern rainbow wedding I have heard of, as they were popular in the 70s. My friend's mom had a pastel rainbow wedding and since her mom recently passed, she thought doing a rainbow wedding would be a good way to honor her mother. I will be interested to see how your rainbow turns out!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hello! Absolutely love your dress :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi and welcome! Your dress is beautiful!I have seen some really beautiful pictures of weddings with different colored BM dresses. I think if done correctly, it can be very nice! A Google search of "bridesmaids in different colors" turns up some neat pics!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hello! Your dress is gorgeous!  I like the idea of your wedding colors!  Very unique, and not cookie cutter.  Any idea how you'll incorporate flowers?  I'm interested :)
    Favorite Thing About Fall- Fall Foods, apple pie, pumpkin cookies, apple cider... YUM!

Planning Bio

• Options
    pinksonyapinksonya member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey there, and welcome aboard! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    skybluejen - I ran a google search and you're right - some really pretty color combinations came up with a bunch of varying colors. I particularly like the one pic with the range of green BM dresses...but I couldn't really find anything comparible to my girl's dresses.The colors aren't really pastel but they aren't loud and hurt your eyes either. I was pretty adamant about making sure the colors didn't clash so I asked for Bill Levkoff BM dresses that were in the colors I wanted and were in the store at that time. They all worked well so I'm def not worried about them being overpowering lolduqcheer - I talked with my florist for almost an hour last week only about BM flowers and what would work with their colors. We decided not to worry if the color of the flowers matched the dresses (which after reading Penschick's post I'm glad we decided that: ) but that they compliment eachother and the dresses. So we decided on a green hygrangea base with light yellow, orange, and pink gerger daises and a little bit of some blue flower (I think statice?) sprinkled around but just a very small amount of that. I'm interested to see what they look like.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards