Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

How bad is it to print addresses vs handwriting them?

2»

Re: How bad is it to print addresses vs handwriting them?

• Options
    I was originally going to print on the envelope.  I can't figure out why I'm having such a hard time.  Seriously, I've tried 2 different computers and two different programs (Word and Pages). If I can't figure it out, then I don't know whether to do labels or hand write the invitations. My handwriting is pretty good, but that seems like a lot of work.

Anyway, when I think about the last wedding I went to, I don't even remember what the actual invite looked like.  You can bet your a$$ that I don't have a clue what the envelope looked like.  You want to know why?  Because I tore it apart as soon as I got the invitation.  Who the hell is going to study and invitation's envelope?  Seriously, etiquette is about making your guests comfortable. I don't think that a label on an envelope is going to make someone uncomfortable.  How long do we look at the envelope? 10 seconds. /rant

To answer the OP, I don't think a label is that big of a deal.  
  • Options
    It's a small detail but when a lot of a wedding can involve small details, why cut corners?

And you may be DIYing the invitations but that's even MORE of a reason IMO to avoid the labels.  Clear labels look slapped on and cheapen the otherwise elegant look.
  • Options
    To be quite frank, I don't really care that much about the look of the invitations.  As long as the spelling is correct and the information it relayed properly.  I just don't think the labels that that big of a deal.  I haven't made up my mind as to what I'm going to do.  But I certainly wouldn't judge someone for having a label on the outer envelope.  I probably wouldn't notice.  
  • Options
    I don't think it matters what you do.  I can't honestly remeber how ANY of the wedding invites I"ve gotten the past few years were addressed.  Also, a label would never offend me.  Spelling my name wrong or something like that might.  I think you may also want to consider what kind of guests you'll have.  Are they snooty or laid back?
  • Options
    I wish people would get off their high horse about labels/printing/calligraphy and otherwise. I am confident that 95% of your guests won't notice the difference, and those that do, won't honestly care. If your super concerned about impressing your Great Aunt Sally, the only one who would say anything about a label, then handwrite hers and print the rest. Honestly, if your spending precious time fretting about this, let it go, save yourself the sanity. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards