Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

Can we do an online only RSVP?

We are thinking about forgoing the RSVP card in the invitations. We feel that most people are going to use the RSVP on our website and that we can save a lot of postage and printing if we send the invites with a card that says to RSVP online at our website instead of including all of those cards and paying all that return postage that I'm afraid won't even get used. Is this super tacky or a bad idea?

Re: Can we do an online only RSVP?

• Options
    What about your older guests that have no clue how to turn a computer? How are they supposed to RSVP?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    The only older guests we have on our list are my paternal grandparents. They both use facebook! They are totally savvy but besides, we talk to them on a regular basis and know that they are coming. There are no other older guests on our list at all. 
  • Options
    I was thinking the same idea! I have very small wedding (30 people) tops and I don't see anything wrong with you asking them to RSVP online.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

I'm not a fan of online RSVPs for a wedding.  It's a formal event with formal invitations and I feel like responding online takes it down a class.  We also budgeted for the RSVPs and the return postage. 

• Options
    I wouldn't
  • Options
    I wouldn't. Postcard stamps cost next to nothing, and if you really don't want RSVP cards, include a phone number in the bottom left corner of your invitations so guests can respond that way.
  • Options
    Our wedding isn't formal at all. It is an outdoor backyard bbq. Maybe I should have specified that. After some contemplating I think we are going to go with the online/phone rsvp. After reviewing our guest list, 90% of them are in the 25-40 age bracket and the other 10% are my family that have already booked plane tickets and hotel rooms soooo. I think in our situation it is appropriate. Maybe not if we were actually having a more formal affair. It's probably not traditional but we are throwing a lot of tradition to the wind in order to have a more unique event with less stress. I should probably add that we lost our venue and had to have all the invitations reprinted... an expense that we didn't count on on top of having to find a new venue. So we are cutting major corners now in every way possible! There may be people that don't agree with doing it this way but the $70 we will save can very much be needed for something else now.  
  • Options
    We set up the online RSVP on our website because we thought it would be easier.  We also sent the paper RSVPs.  No one used the online RSVP.  You might do better having them call instead.

Anniversary BFP: 3/5/13 EDD: 11/14/13 BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    As long as you include another option, like a phone number they can call then I think you will be fine. I am skipping the rsvp cards and just doing the online and phone options as well.
    Pumpernickel and olive juice
  • Options

RSVP cards are a waste of paper and money.  People aren't stupid; if they don't have access to the internet, they will contact you another way, either by calling or mailing their own response.  Or, they'll just sit on their duff like people have been doing since the dawn of man and you will have to call them yourself.  No matter what you do, there will be folks that you'll have to chase a little.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards