Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

RSVP Question

What are your opinions on forgoing RSVP cards and instead asking guests to RSVP via email or phone? On the pro side, an email/phone RSVP could save money (we don't have a very large budget) and be more convenient for guests, but on the con side I'm worried that it might appear tacky or lazy. Help!

Re: RSVP Question

• Options
    I would really recomend paper RSVPs.  To me, email just seems too informal for a wedding.  Also, brides on here who have asked for phone/email RSVPs have said that a lot of guests didn't reply and they had to track them down to get RSVPs
  • Options
    I also would go with a traditional RSVPs.  You may have guests that are not comfortable with email.  You also may find that phone RSVPs are far from convenient.  When you get a phone RSVP while driving to work and are nowhere near your wedding guest list, there may end up being confusion with who said yes, no, or did not respond at all.

In addition, RSVP cards seem more formal and appropriate for a wedding.  I also believe that people generally will be more likely to respond with this method- it's much easier to forget to make a phone call than to overlook an RSVP card sticking on the front of their fridge.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I prefer traditional paper RSVPs.  I have seen and responded to e-mail RSVPs and didn't shun them for it, but they were for less formal weddings.  I'd say it depends on the formality of your wedding.
  • Options
    I'm not having too formal of a wedding, yet not a "casual" one either (somewhere in the middle I guess!) and we are omitting the traditional RSVP card, and instead giving them an option to RSVP on our wedding website or by phone.  With the website option, it asks for their meal preference and their and their guest name, and I'm able to download this all into an Excel spreadsheet later.  Also, I'm having my MOH's number as the RSVP number, and she'll have a notepad and pen on her at all times. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_rsvp-question-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:52b827f2-24e2-4e72-baf3-4a39d7adf5d3Post:782f01de-8f0c-49e0-8d7d-3119336946d8">Re: RSVP Question</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm not having too formal of a wedding, yet not a "casual" one either (somewhere in the middle I guess!) and we are omitting the traditional RSVP card, and instead giving them an option to RSVP on our wedding website or by phone.  With the website option, it asks for their meal preference and their and their guest name, and I'm able to download this all into an Excel spreadsheet later.  Also, I'm having my MOH's number as the RSVP number, and she'll have a notepad and pen on her at all times. 
    Posted by LisaChris2011[/QUOTE]

You're really making your MOH collect phone RSVPs?  That seems problematic to me.  Is she going to know who most of these guests are who are calling her?  And is she prepared to deal with people who want to RSVP with their uninvited kids, son's new gf, etc?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_rsvp-question-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:52b827f2-24e2-4e72-baf3-4a39d7adf5d3Post:782f01de-8f0c-49e0-8d7d-3119336946d8">Re: RSVP Question</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm not having too formal of a wedding, yet not a "casual" one either (somewhere in the middle I guess!) and we are omitting the traditional RSVP card, and instead giving them an option to RSVP on our wedding website or by phone.  With the website option, it asks for their meal preference and their and their guest name, and I'm able to download this all into an Excel spreadsheet later.  Also, <strong>I'm having my MOH's number as the RSVP number, and she'll have a notepad and pen on her at all times. </strong>
    Posted by LisaChris2011[/QUOTE]

<div>I hope you're paying her for this.  </div>
  • Options
    thanks everyone! traditional RSVPs it is!:)
  • Options
    I think you'll get a ton of MIA RSVPs if you go the email/Web site/phone route. We did cards and EVERY single one was returned. A couple were a few days late, but we had such a good idea of the count by that time that it didn't even matter.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards