Wedding Invitations & Paper

Wilton print invites

Has anyone used them? I can't for some reason print on the printer I have I'm about to cry. HELP! It won't print.

Re: Wilton print invites

• Try changing the orientation on your computer screen. I finally was able to get mine to print out today. I had to feed my invites into the printer width-wise (so it's essentially the same as having a regular sheet of paper in there only it's half as tall).

Then on Microsoft word I told it that I was printing on a full 8.5x11 sheet. I created 2 columns that were each exactly 1/2 of the page (so that it matched up with the size of the invitations).

I typed out our invitations on the left column but didn't write anything on the right hand column. It looked kind of goofy on the screen but it printed out perfectly! Just took some trial and error.

Let me know if you're going to be printing the addresses on your envelopes too. That was even more of a pain for me than the actual invites, but I think I finally created a template that seems to work. It's for an A9 sized envelope, so if you want I'd be happy to send my template to you. Then maybe you won't waste envelopes like I did in my trials. =( 

• I finally found the answer with my printer (HP Photosmart).  I had to open the HP Photosmart dialog box. ( you do that by hitting print, when you see your printer, right mouse click on it and go to properties.) Click the features tab.  Under resizing go to the drop down and select more when you see size of the paper you are using choose that.  If not, choose "custom".  Name the size ex. Invitations 5.5 x 8.5 so it will be in the drop down next time.  Then hit Ok or apply....It should work.  I was having problems over a week and found this online.
    Hope this helps.
  • I ended up buying some by 123print.com
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_wilton-print-invites?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:5bf45ee8-07db-48c4-a318-b11cea45885aPost:4f9a3ea7-2a4b-4986-a342-7039bebfa050">Re: Wilton print invites</a>:
    [QUOTE]I finally found the answer with my printer (HP Photosmart).  I had to open the HP Photosmart dialog box. ( you do that by hitting print, when you see your printer, right mouse click on it and go to properties.) Click the features tab.  Under resizing go to the drop down and select more when you see size of the paper you are using choose that.  If not, choose "custom".  Name the size ex. Invitations 5.5 x 8.5 so it will be in the drop down next time.  Then hit Ok or apply....It should work.  I was having problems over a week and found this online. Hope this helps.
    Posted by c392411[/QUOTE]

What printer model do you have?  I have tried EVERYTHING with mine and gotten no where!
  • I can't even get the website to load to get the templates for my invites...my internet keeps saying "can't find webpage" :(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards