Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

RSVP cards.. number on back?

I've heard of people putting a number on the back of the RSVP cards to make sure they know who the card belongs to in case guests forget to put their name.  Does this really happen?  I guess the last thing I want to do is assume everyone will remember and then run into that problem.  Anyone have experience with getting their RSVP cards back and having issues?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: RSVP cards.. number on back?

• Options
    We numbered ours, and were glad we did.  We had two families forget to put their name, but had a number of families respond with "Mr. and Mrs. Smith."  Of course, they were relatives, and we needed the numbers to figure out which Mr. and Mrs. Smith.  People don't think.

If you do them really small in pencil, people won't notice.  
  • Options
    I've never heard of this but it seems like a great idea!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image253 Invited
    image123 Accepted
    image53 Declined
    image99 Leavin' Me hangin
    RSVP Date: August 5, 2012
  • Options
    I've seen people use blacklight ink that comes with a built in light. Put initials or numbers in the same corner of each RSVP and no one will know but you!
    http://www.projectwedding.com/wedding-ideas/easy-rsvp-tracking
    http://www.dealextreme.com/p/invisible-ink-pen-88
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I put numbers on the back in pencil. No one is going to notice them since RSVP cards are generally one sided anyways!
    October 2012 December Siggy: Favourite Wedding Picture
    PIC_281copy1 Anniversary
  • Options
    I would recommend it.  We didn't and had one family RSVP that we had to narrow down and figure out.
  • Options
    I put numbers on the back of mine. I had postcard RSVPs, but I wrote small and in pencil so no one would notice. So far we havent needed the numbers, but its a better safe than sorry thing for me.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I put numbers on the back of the RSVPs (small ones in pencil, no one noticed them).  It REALLY helps. 

I also suggest grouping the invitations, example: RSVPs numbered 1-20 to FI's family, 21-40 to your family, 41-55 FI's friends, and so on. You can tell at a glance who sent the card back or which card is missing from a group that has all theirs back.  I know when we got ours back, FI would read the number on the back to me (if I was at work) and I would already figure out if it was family or friend, from FI's side or mine.  We did not put a space for names on the response cards.

It is also "insurance" in the event someone doesn't put their name on the card or has illegible handwriting.
  • Options
    We sent our invitations out about a week ago and they few we have gotten back we haven't needed the numbers... but I'm still glad we did it.
  • Options
    I think it's one of those things that if we do it, everyone is going to send it back and remember to completely fill it out.  If we don't do it, we are going to get blank ones!  haha   I think I am just going to do it to be on the safe side.  We have our guest list in an Excel document that is numbered already so that should be easy.   Thanks for the feedback!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    CQCWCQCW member
    First Comment
    I have post card RSVPS. One side is the return address and the other is where people reply on the number of people coming. Which side do I number them if I'm using a pen?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards