Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

RSVP Date

When should I tell my guest to RSVP by? My wedding is August 17. I was thinking of sending them out May 17

Re: RSVP Date

• Options
    brielleinlovebrielleinlove member
    5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper First Comment
    edited March 2013
    IMO May 17 is too early to mail a wedding invitation for that date.  I'd mail on June 17 and have the RSVP be somewhere between July 27 and August 3.
  • Options
    libby2483libby2483 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited March 2013
    May 17 is too early to send out invitations.  Sent out invitations 6-8 weeks before your wedding, and make your RSVP date 2-4 weeks before your wedding, depending on when you need to give the final headcount to the caterer.
  • Options
    I agree May is too early, if you want to get them out early but still fall within the traditional invite lead times I'd suggest 8 weeks (June 17). Remember that your final count will be needed to do a final seating chart, place cards, etc. Venue's also differ as to when they want a final count - so make sure you give yourself a good amount of lead time to get things done. Plus I've heard there is sometimes a bit of tracking down those who didn't RSVP - althought I hope not! I don't think it'd be unreasonable to ask for RSVP 3-4 weeks before wedding date.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards