Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

Final Invitation Wording Proof

Hello ladies! I posted a little while back with questions about my invite and this is what I've come up with. For any of you who saw the last post, I did ask my FMIL what she thought, and she was very much happy with this. So I guess that means she's good with just having her name (and now my FI's father). Can you see anything that you would suggest changing? And fyi, it is more of a casual wedding than a formal one. Thank you! 

Jack and Vanessa --------

invite you to share and celebrate

at the marriage of their daughter

Madison Grace

to William David -------

son of Katherine ----------

Saturday, June 01

Two thousand thirteen

at 5:30 in the evening

at ---------

in ----------- State Park

------------, South Carolina

Dinner, dancing,

and all of eternity to follow.

And the RSVP: 

The favor of your reply is requested by May 1st, 2013.

We have reserved _ seat(s) in your honor.

_ Wouldn’t miss it for the world. Number attending _

_ Will celebrate from afar.

Please let us know if you have any dietary requirements:

Re: Final Invitation Wording Proof

• Options
    Thank you both for your input!
  • Options
    I love how creative you were on wording the number of guests invited by saying "seats saved in their honor" That has been an issue I was worried about adding into my invite but this sounds so perfect!!!

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_final-invitation-wording-proof?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:655fee7a-769f-4fd2-8887-447ff8a4fe25Post:c8571ec2-44ee-45c6-86d6-661335a79278">Final Invitation Wording Proof</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hello ladies! I posted a little while back with questions about my invite and this is what I've come up with. For any of you who saw the last post, I did ask my FMIL what she thought, and she was very much happy with this. So I guess that means she's good with just having her name (and now my FI's father). Can you see anything that you would suggest changing? And fyi, it is more of a casual wedding than a formal one. Thank you!  Jack and Vanessa -------- invite you to share and celebrate at the marriage of their daughter Madison Grace to William David ------- son of Katherine ---------- Saturday, June 01 Two thousand thirteen at 5:30 in the evening at --------- in ----------- State Park ------------, South Carolina Dinner, dancing, and all of eternity to follow.   And the RSVP:  The favor of your reply is requested by May 1 st , 2013.   We have reserved _ seat(s) in your honor.   _ Wouldn’t miss it for the world. Number attending _ _ Will celebrate from afar.   Please let us know if you have any dietary requirements:
    Posted by maadee91[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    I'd use the phrase "request the pleasure of your company/at the marriage of their daughter" instead of "invite you to share and celebrate."  Miss Manners writes about an "originally" worded invitation that was misunderstood by the recipient to be to the reception only.

Beyond that, though, good job.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards