Wedding Invitations & Paper

Who gets one? Save the Date question

We are coming up on our save the date deadline and I was just curious. Does every person/couple that we are inviting get a save the date? Or is it supposed to be for out of town guests only? I live in Nebraska and our wedding happens to be on a home football game (for you ladies that don't know college or nebraska football it's basically a sin) although not sure yet if I'm competing with the game on time of day?

Thanks ladies!

Re: Who gets one? Save the Date question

• I would send one to every couple - unless your immediate family/friends already know and remember your wedding date. If it is on a day of a football game - I am sure people will need as many reminders as possible. Good luck!

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_who-gets-one-save-the-date-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:6bca525b-d7c1-4412-9eff-ac07c6dc9d07Post:7f172814-d48b-4406-8c00-42b417f95b19">Who gets one? Save the Date question</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are coming up on our save the date deadline and I was just curious. Does every person/couple that we are inviting get a save the date? Or is it supposed to be for out of town guests only? I live in Nebraska and our wedding happens to be on a home football game (for you ladies that don't know college or nebraska football it's basically a sin) although not sure yet if I'm competing with the game on time of day? Thanks ladies!
    Posted by addieth4[/QUOTE]
  • My cousin got married on a Friday in Omaha to avoid Saturday game time!

That being said, I would suggest you communicate information as soon as possible. Even with advanced notice, we still had a terrible time finding a hotel room, since they got married near the stadium.
  • Hi! I too thought only out of town guests received "save the date" cards. I did research online for you...Every guest receives one!

Good Luck with your wedding!  Beth

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks a ton! We had initially thought of a friday, but with a lot of guests coming from out of town, including 3 of my BM's Saturday seemed to be better. Here's hoping its a day game!
  • As Kristan pointed out, everyone who gets an STD (which that just sounds funny when you're not thinking of wedding stuff), must get an invite...so I'm purposely not sending STDs to anyone I may not have ties with come September (ie - coworkers).  I have every intention of inviting them now...but should I get a new job (a possibility!), I'll be stuck inviting them...

Personally, I'm sending just to out of towners and close family members just because I know they'll love having the magnet on their fridge for the next 7 months. :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_who-gets-one-save-the-date-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:6bca525b-d7c1-4412-9eff-ac07c6dc9d07Post:9973f2a0-c2bc-4ccd-99ce-0d63dbeb9f3a">Re: Who gets one? Save the Date question</a>:
    [QUOTE]As Kristan pointed out, everyone who gets an STD (which that just sounds funny when you're not thinking of wedding stuff), Posted by mlg78[/QUOTE]

/>.> I tried using that lingo in a message to my FI and he started laughing his ass off. So yeah I'm not using the lingo anymore unless I'm on here haha

For StDs, what I am doing and I know some would advise against it but to save on money we are sending one StD per household. (cousins who are adults still live with their parents) but on the envelope addressing to each who the StD is for. For invites, all adults (married couples get 1) are getting one no matter where they live. It's just to save us a little bit of extra dollars.

StD......god that is hilarious to me when reading it haha
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Just wait until you go to Money Matters board and read about people asking how they can get STD (short term disability.) If it help with the giggle factor, the community has been trying to transition to STI (for infections, to emphasize that particularly in females these can be quiet, asymptomatic infections rather than OMG there's something gross happening with my hoo-ha.)

STDs can be sent to anyone, but everyone who gets them must get an invitation, even if you need to cut back later. Some send them only to VIPs or out of towners. It's best if you do not send them to everyone to send them in circles, so Susan isn't wondering why Jane has your STD on her frig and she doesn't. My sympathies about the football. I would give STDs to as many guests as you can guarantee you'll invite.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards