Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

Meat

2»

Re: Meat

• edited December 2011
    Growing up, we always got our beef from a local farm, drank unpasteurized milk from another farm, and raised our own chickens for a while (for the eggs, not to eat.)I like to get fresh local eggs for pysanky, but usually buy the organic, cage free, free range eggs from GE.  I admit I don't know much about beef.  I did read The Jungle years ago and I still have pictures in my mind that won't go away!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• edited December 2011
    Late to this, but I bought just about all my meat from either Whole Foods or Trader Joe's. For me, it was totally worth it. You also might want to check out the East End Food Co-op and see what they have. They might sell organic meat at a good price. You live pretty close to both so it would be an easy trip :-)

Dave & Jennifer 10.18.08
    My Doha Adventures
  • edited December 2011
    We used to buy all of our meat at Whole Foods, but for us it just wasn't worth the added costs to buy everything organic. We buy most of our meat at Wegman's now and the quality/price is great, though I know they don't have Wegman's in Pittsburgh. 
  • themissizzthemissizz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We buy our chicken at Sam's Club (Tyson 100% Natural) and beef at either Sam's or Walmart generally.  I prefer Walmart because they have 96% lean ground beef.When I'm KTFU, I plan to buy at least 1/2 of our meat organic.

11-15-08
    12-1-10
  • reannalynnereannalynne member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am spoiled like marburs.  My family has a farm and my dad is a butcher, so its all farm fresh. (well, farm frozen fresh) speaking of, we are running low and its time to get dad moving on butchering another cow and pig.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards