Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

Inviation wording Brides Parents divorced same last name

Hi Everyone

I am doing my inviatations soon and I need your help regarding the wording for the invitation.
My mom and dad are divorced --- my mom kept her married name.  My fiance's parents are married so that's pretty simple. How do I write for my mom and dad  - since their last names are the same but I don't want people to insinuate that they are married??

HELP!??! 

Re: Inviation wording Brides Parents divorced same last name

• Options
    Mrs Smith & Mr. Smith

...whereas his parents would be Mr. & Mrs. John Smith
  • Options
    what do you mean by "hosting"? 
    my mom and my FI are paying for wedding (equally). My mom and dad are both giving me away. 

I'm sure my Future in-laws  would like to have her name on invitation, but I don't know etiquette.
  • Options
    CMGr--
    We are having a non-religious wedding - held outside. 

• Options
    According to invitationetiquette.com my suggestion was correct based on the initial information given.

OP - hosting typically means who is paying.  While my mom & stepdad are paying for 90% of our wedding, his parents are paying a small portion so our invites look very similar to CMGr's second example.  If it'll cause waves in the family to not include them it might be better for you to throw them on the invite.  My fiance's parents were very appreciative that I did so.  Good luck!
  • Options
    I was wondering about this too.  Are there any exceptions to this rule?  My parents are recently divorced, and both contributing to the wedding.  I haven't talked to them about it yet, but I think that they would feel really uncomfortable about being listed on separate lines, because it would call more attention to it.  I don't want to give off the impression that they're married, but I feel that having them on separate lines is even more awkward (atleast in my situation).  Idk, thoughts?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards