Wedding Invitations & Paper

How do I word kid's meal option on rsvp cards?

I am doing my own invitations, and I am working on the wording for the rsvp cards. My reception has different food stations, and I do not need to put a meal option on the rsvp card. However, there is a kid's meal option for children under the age of 12. If I were listing other options it would be easy (__ chicken __ beef __kid's meal), but I am not so I don't know how to list it.

I also don't want people to think that they have to choose the kid's meal (chicken fingers, fries, and a soda) for their child if that child would prefer the adult food. I really don't mind including the child in the normal head count - my budget isn't that strict that I would require a child to get the kid's meal.

I am thinking of putting this at the bottom of the rsvp card:
Would any children under 12 prefer a child's entree? _____

I am just not sure if that looks/sounds right. I know I am obsessing about this way too much, but I would like opinions/suggestions.

Re: How do I word kid's meal option on rsvp cards?

• I have pretty much the same situation as you, but I'm not putting anything on the RSVP card to choose from as far as food. I know which families on my guest list (about a twenty) have children under 12, but not all of them will bring their kids, and not all of them will come. So I was just planning on reaching out to the ones that RSVP yes with their children to ask if the child wants a kids meal or the stations.

image 312 Invited
    image 182 Are ready to party!
    image 127 Will be missing out!
    image 3 Are MIA!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am thinking of putting this at the bottom of the rsvp card:
    Would any children under 12 prefer a child's entree? _____

I think that's fine. Maybe word it something like

#____ children under 12 preferring a child's entree

or

#____children under 12 preferring set child's menu

the kids at my wedding will be ages 4-10, so there will be kid-friendly food available on the bbq (hot dogs) and there will also be buns and cold cuts. I'm so happy we are doing bbq - little bit of everything and just fun fun fun!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We didn't have any limitations on how old you had to be to get the kids' meal, so our situation was a bit different, but our RSVP card looked (basically) like this:

__ Total Number Attending

__ Number of Kids' Meals Requested

In retrospect, I think it might have been easier to just forgo the question about the kids meal because it seemed to confuse some of our guests. If I had to do it over, I would have just individually contacted our guests with kids/teens and asked them if they wanted a kids meal.
  • I think that the wording above is fine but offer one caveat: IF you put that on the RSVP and children are not actually invited, people very well think it means the are welcome. We did for DD's wedding and had MORE THAN 30 children who were not invited added to RSVPs.

If there are just a few children in question (maybe 10 or less), I'd just find out from the parents and leave it off the stationery. 
  • The less is more idea works well with your situation on the rsvp stationary wording.
    even if you dont have meal options for adults, you should put something so the childs selection doesnt look out of place. or it doesnt center the reception around kids, which mentioning them only on the card might do.
    on your RSVP
    SIMPLY add,,    #____ Adult Entrees   #______ Childrens Entree

Thats It!!!   Simple, elegant, and not too much writting on your rsvp card ! 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_how-do-i-word-kids-meal-option-on-rsvp-cards?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:79b2eb96-7719-4cae-a2aa-9d5f9879e4f7Post:492c604a-dff8-42d7-a15a-d57d241bd5ed">Re: How do I word kid's meal option on rsvp cards?</a>:
    [QUOTE]The less is more idea works well with your situation on the rsvp stationary wording. even if you dont have meal options for adults, you should put something so the childs selection doesnt look out of place. or it doesnt center the reception around kids, which mentioning them only on the card might do. on your RSVP SIMPLY add,,    #____ Adult Entrees   #______ Childrens Entree Thats It!!!   Simple, elegant, and not too much writting on your rsvp card ! 
    Posted by zanne121212[/QUOTE]

<div>This is exactly what we did and it yielded responses for 30 children who were not invited. I do not recommend this. Yes, one would think,'My friends/family know how to read and abide by a properly addressed invitation envelope.' But you might be unpleasantly surprised. </div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards