April 2012 Weddings
Options

Dress fitting (And the stress begins)

I'm getting married April 21st. I just found out yesterday that the salon where i purchased my dress no longer does alterations. So now i need to find a new place. I was wondering when i should make an appointment for my first fitting. When is everyone having their first dress fitting and how many fittings do you normally have?
Wedding Countdown Ticker image 190 Invited
image 158 Are ready to party!
image 32 Will be missing out!
image 0 Can't find the mailbox!

Re: Dress fitting (And the stress begins)

• Options
    Hi date twin!

My first fitting is February 6th. The bridal gallery said I could wait until mid/end February if necessary. I think there are usually three fittings, but don't quote me on that. I would set up one by mid-February just to be safe.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image 300 Invited
    image 0 Are ready to party!
    image 0 Will be missing out!
    image 300 Can't find the mailbox!
  • Options
    I just had my first fitting on Saturday. I live out of state from where I got my dress so it was really whenever I was able to go down there. My next one is at the end of March. If you don't have a bustle already in the dress, that takes a while they says, which is what they are doing to mine and just taking it in around the chest area.
    mikeandtine.com Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I had mine last Saturday, but that was my seamstress' preference based on what I want done and in order to get 3 fittings in.  I think 6-8 weeks before the wedding is ok for a 1st fitting
  • Options
    I've already been to my seamstress twice for an initial consultation and she took the bodice in, and I'm going back March 3. That is when she will start taking measurements for the hem and redoing the bustle. Then I'll probably come back and get the dress around April 7. 
    April Siggy Challenge-Wedding Escape: Reading HG/dreaming about Peeta.... Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Bio-Updated 4/22**
  • Options
    I am having three fittings, my time is all off though since I bought my dress in Florida, my wedding is in Florida, an I live in ny so it's been when I go down there. My first one was October! Next one in 2 weeks - last a week before the wedding.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    My first one was in December when the dress came in.  My second one should be either this week or the beginning of February (since I will be out of the country next week).

Photobucket

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    I had my first fitting last weekend. The dress fit perfectly and unless I loose a significant amount of weight, that is my final fitting and will pick up my dress April 16. I changed the zipper to a corset, so it allows me to lose a little bit without having to take the dress in. She did a 12 point bustle and showed my MOH what to do, and I'm done. Now she just has to send it out to be pressed. yayy!! :)
    April 2012 March Siggy Challenge - Honeymoon!! Costa Rica
    Smile
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 158 Invited
    image 129 Are Party Rockin!!
    image 23 Will be missing out!
    image 6 Can't find the mailbox!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards