Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Help picking photos for our wedding album, please!

Many of you ladies are FB friends and have seen our wedding pics.  Our photographer was kind enough to offer to do some updated acting headshots for me next week and we are going to talk about the album design.  Its a 30 page album and we need to pick 60 pictures.For those of you not on my Fb, here is a link to her blog and site with some of our pics.http://www.captivatingimagery.com/blog/2009/09/page/2/http://www.captivatingimagery.com/shoots/danielleandchris/wedding/For you already married ladies, what was your criteria for selecting pics?  Were they mostly of you and DH or family shots too? Did DH help you pick out the pics?Help please--TIA!

Re: Help picking photos for our wedding album, please!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Dana suggested DH and I each pick our favorite top 50 pictures, and then send them to her. She did all the designing work from there on out. I would say the pictures are mostly of DH and I, but some with family. However, our parents are both ordering their own album, so they selected their own pictures. Also, we have the rights to our pictures, so we knew that we could always make more albums thru iPhoto down the road. So I would say try to pick your top 60-75, and let your photog do the rest of the work!

Dave & Jennifer 10.18.08
    My Doha Adventures
  • Options
    lildiva1977lildiva1977 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks JennyBee!!  Good suggestions!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My goal in picking out pics was to choose ones that represented each part of the day, so this meant ones with just DH and I, ones with our bridal party, parents, and ones of just our guests dancing. It was difficult (we had to pick out 400!), but I can't wait to see the finished product! I went through and initially picked some out, then DH and I went through them together to finalize them. I'll take a look at your pics again...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Your photos look great. I can see how it'd be hard to choose. Let us know what you pick.
  • Options
    pinksonyapinksonya member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh, that is a great suggestion!  I think I'll ask our photographer to do the same if we pick our favorites.  It's just too hard plan out the whole album and imagine what it will look like.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Good luck picking your favorites! Your photos are beautiful!We have to pick 40 from 1600 pictures. Ugh. I've been putting it off, but I really should start narrowing it down.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We can pick any number of photos from like 950...I think I am going to aim for about 100 for a 30 side coffee table book.I haven't done one single thing. And my DH won't be picking out any of the photos due to time, although he does have a good eye. :) What I think I'll do is pick them all and then ask him if there's any that he really doesn't like and change those out. (Any that are really unflattering to him or me, etc)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    From the second link (there were 60 slides), I like the following:1, 310, 1314 as an underlay with other photos over it (like in a coffee table style album)31, 3234363845, 4652I didn't go for a lot of the selective color ones, but that is only my preference, so go with what you like. I preferred the more natural b/w and color shots. And of course you need some carousel shots in there too!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards