Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

Question about STD's?

Hello ladies,

My wedding isnt until May 2014. Im not real educated on Save the dates so I would appreciate your advice. When is the best itme to send them? A year before? I favor the magnet STDs. Do they require a response from my guests?  Is there other info that I should include in the envelopes/on the magnet? Hotel info, etc? Is there anything that I should know or be aware of that I havent asked? Can you suggest a vendor?

Thanks
Wink

tinkerbell gif photo: Tinkerbell stuck in keyhole animated gif Peterpan2_coince9e.gif

Re: Question about STD's?

• Options
    Usually 9-12 months, but people are doing them anywhere from 6-12. We ordered our magnets from Vistaprint and loved them. We included our wedding website adddress on them. No, they do not require a response.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    sarahdactyIsarahdactyI member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited March 2013
    What Addie said. 

FWIW I think it's nice to have a heads up to plan for a wedding sooner rather than later. Just remember that everyone who gets a save the date gets an invitation (so some people only send to VIPs.... we just made sure our list was final). I had planned to get ours out 11 months in advance but it ended up being more like 8 :)

We ordered our magnets from Vistaprint as well - periodically they offer great Groupons, so I think we ended up spending more on the postage than the invites (or maybe that's normal?)... you can get custom designs, but we just used a basic free template, and a cute photo, and voila!

ETA - we also didn't send save-the-dates to coworkers, because we didn't want it to become a topic of conversation there (and they are REALLY cute magnets - and we have jobs more on the serious side I guess). That way we can reasses which coworkers (if any) we want to invite, when we send invitations.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    pinterest, obvi.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_question-about-stds?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:84cfe2b8-05c7-4a66-bf52-f2ce4e66131fPost:cf7ec3b4-2740-4894-bdd8-2a9fa2bfc010">Re: Question about STD's?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Usually 9-12 months, but people are doing them anywhere from 6-12. We ordered our magnets from Vistaprint and loved them. We included our wedding website adddress on them. No, they do not require a response.
    Posted by AddieL73[/QUOTE]

Ditto Vistaprint magnets! Ours are awesome.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks ladies,

DO I include other info in envelope? Hotel info etc.?

tinkerbell gif photo: Tinkerbell stuck in keyhole animated gif Peterpan2_coince9e.gif
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_question-about-stds?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:84cfe2b8-05c7-4a66-bf52-f2ce4e66131fPost:85867145-43a2-434a-a0df-3062af5ca5bd">Re: Question about STD's?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks ladies, DO I include other info in envelope? Hotel info etc.?
    Posted by LAM2228[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>We put this info on our wedding website and put the wedding website address on the STD.

</div>
    "It's always better when we're together." -Jack Johnson
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards