Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

What to include in invitation

Right now I have the invitation, rsvp cards, where we're registed...

should i put a map of the location? 

what else should i include?

The ceremony and reception site are at the same location and we really don't have any guests coming from a long ways away and if they are they're from around the area and know the area. 

Re: What to include in invitation

• Options
    Don't put where you are registered. It is not polite to put registry information in a wedding invitation because it implies you expect a gift. A map is probably not needed if people are local.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    I followed all the advice on here & did not include info on where we are registered.  We did include our website that has the registry info.  Today at work someone asked my fiance where we are registered and the guest thought it was wierd that there was not a card listing it in the invite.  Apparently it is expected at Mexican weddings to be in invite.  I didn't learn this until a week after invites were mailed.  My fiance said he told me so about putting registries in invite but I followed ettiquite.
  • Options
    Include the invitatation and RSVP card.  If your reception is at a different location, you may want to do a reception card with the address of the reception.  (A map is not necessary; just give an address that will work on gps/mapquest.)  You could also do an insert that includes a link to your website and hotel info if you have a lot of guests travelling.

Absolutely do not include registry info.  That's terribly rude.  
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_what-to-include-in-invitation?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:8a404d8f-9791-4989-98a0-5b4e061ad8fdPost:ecc4755d-1409-4240-ba52-6e96d949f1eb">What to include in invitation</a>:
    [QUOTE]Right now I have the invitation, rsvp cards, where we're registed... should i put a map of the location?  what else should i include? The ceremony and reception site are at the same location and we really don't have any guests coming from a long ways away and if they are they're from around the area and know the area. 
    Posted by Tigersbballgal[/QUOTE]

You shouldn't include where you are registered on your wedding invite. That info belongs with the shower invite.

You CAN however include info about your website and then have the registry info on there but it is rude to include direct registry info on the wedding invite.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards