Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

Wrong date on the invitations!!

My fiance and I ordered the most beautiful invitations from Papyrus, we had a calligrapher do our invitations, and we were just over the moon about them - they looked fantastic!  We sent them out on Friday, and my mom just called an hour ago.  There's a mistake on the invitations.....and it's a pretty big one!  Her friend noticed that the invitations read "Sunday, January 8" when it should read "Saturday, January 8".  AHH!  I called up all of my bridesmaids, and none of them had noticed (in fact, I showed them the printed invitations at the bachelorette party and no one noticed then either).  

Does anyone have any good ideas for fixes??  Since it's our fault (the original proof had "saturday," but we made some changes (not to the date), and the final proof somehow ended up with "sunday"), the printers won't reprint them (or a correction card) for free.  My mom suggested that we just "spread the word" and post something cute (any ideas??) and funny on our wedding page.  

Any advice would be much appreciated - I'm usually so meticulous, and I'm kicking myself for not noticing!!

Re: Wrong date on the invitations!!

• Options
    I would send a follow up correction by mail to each guest as well as put something on your website.

Then follow up with phone calls.
  • Options
    Can you get small cards and envelopes and DIY the correction?  Michael's or other craft stores should be able to help.

With something like a wedding, you really should convey that the date has changed in writing and not just by word of mouth. 
  • Options
    I would do a postcard from VIstaprint stating your changes, If you would like a link for free ones PM me and I will email it to you. It will be really cost effective, the postcards would be free, and all you would have to pay for is shipping and postage.
    I would also put the info in a prominent place on your website as well as following up with phone calls :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you all for the wonderful advice!  My friend suggested that I send out Christmas cards (extra early this year) reminding our guests of the correct date/mentioning the blunder.  

Does anyone have any thoughts for a cute/humorous way to mention the mistake on our website and/or correction cards?  

Thank you again for all of the wonderful advice!!
  • Options
    I think I'd say something like we were so excited to invite you to our upcoming wedding...
  • Options
    Ditto Cjohnsen or "In our hurry to invite you to share our joy, we made a mistake. Please note that the wedding is on ___." I made a mistake like this at work recently - so frustrating! The Christmas cards are a good idea.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards