Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

Getting married with different officant

This is kinda a stupid question but we haven't gotten too far in the ceremony planning stage yet nor do we regularly attend a church...  My uncle is an ordained minister who we were hoping to have marry us but if we get married in a church will he still be able to marry us or does that depend on the church?

Re: Getting married with different officant

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_getting-married-with-different-officant?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:10Discussion:1facf145-d8be-41d0-8362-18a4b6ed2379Post:2bed0773-bfe4-4823-b839-9b6e59c8ccd3">Re: Getting married with different officant</a>:
    [QUOTE]This depends on the church and on your uncle.  He needs permission from the church (if it is not his own) to conduct the ceremony.  Some churches are OK with this - others, not.
    Posted by CMGr[/QUOTE]

This, Also may depend on who your uncle is ordained by....and if his beliefs are acceptable to the church of choice.

May 2012 July Siggy: Favorite Vacation Spot Kaleden, BC
    July Fave Vacation Spot photo IMG_0268-1.jpg

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    My Blog:Through My Eyes

• You could always get married in a non-church site and there should be no problems with your uncle officicating then. 
    PersonalMilestone Daisypath Anniversary tickers image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards