Wedding Invitations & Paper

Electronic Wedding Invitations

I just wanted to share that we used electronic wedding invitations for our wedding and it was great!  I know there has been a lot of discussions on the etiquette of going this route but I have to say, it was easy and didn't cost more than $30!  We had a destination wedding so that made it even more easy.  We used www.Ourwedvite.com because they had a lot of tropical invitations to choose from.  Our guest's loved the invites and the process but I'm wondering if it's ok to use their thank you notes, which can be personalized for each guests.  Thoughts?

Re: Electronic Wedding Invitations

• vsgalvsgal member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    Absolutely not!  It is bad enough that you emailed invites to your wedding.  Do not be lazy as well by emailing thank you notes.  Handwrite them.
    ROCK IS KING!!
  • So not to judge, but I also would probably have advised against electronic wedding invites. I'm glad they worked out for you though! Now that you've done that, I'm a little conflicted about what to suggest for thank you notes. Usually I'd say definitely handwrite them so they seem sincere. The super duper casualness of the invites might make electronic thank you's okay though. Also, good on ya for saving all that money! Our invites cost us over $1000 including postage. Kinda hard to ignore that perspective.
    White Knot Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • On the off chance this isn't advertising, I too have to say it was a bad idea to do electronic invitations, and no way should you do e-thank yous either.
  • JoanE2012JoanE2012 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited March 2013
    Personally, I think electronic invitations are best saved for backyard bbq's, not one of the most important days of your life.  And if I received one, I would never tell you it was a horrible idea to your face.....but we'd definitely talk about it behind your back.  That's reality.

At the very least give your guests a proper, hand written thank you.  Do not try and cut costs by sending electronic thank yous.  That is incredibly rude, especially after your guests have traveled and incurred extra expenses for your destination wedding.

****ETA: I highly believe YOU are the owner or have a vested interest in this website.  I looked at the website (which, by the way, is poorly laid out) and there are lots of preferred vendors in Wisconsin, coincidentally the same state where your profile shows you reside in.  Reported.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards