Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

Looking for a unique/different guest book idea...

I do NOT want a guest book and thought of a picture frame but again it's not unique enough.  Any ideas out there ladies???

TIA!
Boyd & Jen 9.17.10

Re: Looking for a unique/different guest book idea...

• We're not doing a guest book/frame/platter either.  During the ceremony, FI, myself, our bridal party, and our officants are signing a Marriage Covenant, which will be available for our guests to sign signifying that they confirm and will hold us accountable to our Covenant at the end of the ceremony while they are going through the receiving line.

At the reception, we're putting small journals on all of the tables with questions such as: Where do you see the couple in 15 years?  What's the most romantic place we should visit?  When did you know we were meant for each other?  We got the idea from a Martha Stewart Weddings magazine.  Link here:  http://www.marthastewartweddings.com/article/conversation-starter-guest-book?backto=true&backtourl=/photogallery/25-guest-book-ideas#slide_1

She also has other guest book ideas here: http://www.marthastewartweddings.com/photogallery/25-guest-book-ideas
  • You could have a cpl of books with your photo in it, and have it passed around so everyone can write a message in it for you!
  • Check out the DIY in My Bio...I wanted something "different" as well.
  • If you want something unique, do something that reflects your interests.  The guest book doesn't need to be a book at all. 

We are both in the music circle, so our guest book was an acoustic guitar that people signed with a silver sharpie.  We preserved it and it is hanging on our wall.

If you like to travel, you can use a coffee table book of your favorite place to visit, your home town, or your honeymoon destination.

If you like to cook, you can use your favorite cookbook.

If you like movies, you can use reel canisters or an excerpt from your favorite movie script.

If you love sports, you can use a jersey from your favorite team or you can use a pennant.

If you love to boat, you can use a small oar.

There are so many possiblities.  Think about what defines you as a couple and what you like to do together.  You can come up with something that is truly unique and fun.
    ROCK IS KING!!
  • Good stuff thanks ladies!
    Boyd & Jen 9.17.10
  • My DD and SIL made a book on shutterfly with pictures of them, their dogs, their family, their friends.  People signed it yearbook style. 
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Oh cute idea Trix...love that!  Would have done that if I didn't already purchase this.  Probably would have saved me $50 too, dang :(

http://www.etsy.com/transaction/33216633
    Boyd & Jen 9.17.10
  • I was doing the same thing and ran across a really neat idea for fall. We are using a blank canvas and painting a tree on it. Guests will be signing by stamping their tumbprint onto the tree. I got fall colored ink, tissues, and stamp remover for the table. I plan to frame this after the wedding. Here is a link to the picture that inspired the whole idea: http://www.groomsoldseparately.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/unique-guestbook.jpg
  • i am doing the same idea as above, black tree trunk and red ink for the fingerprints (because those are my colors)
  • We are going a wall hanging for our house. FI's mom and aunt are make a small quilt with a tree design on the front and the guests are going to sign the back.
  • I did a free photobook from Vistaprint. PIB.
    (Married)meganandshane.weebly.com~
    (Planning)shaneandmegan.weebly.com
  • I'm doing a wish tree. Where people write thier wishes for us on a card which they then hang on the branches of the tree. You can see I pic in my bio, under reception, I think.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I went to a friends wedding on July 3rd and they had a quilt that everyone signed and they said they would use the quilt every July 4th for picnics and such...
  • I am making one scrapbook with everything: my shower, bachelorette party, the wedding and the honeymoon. Who needs half a dozen scrap books laying around? At the ceremony, I'm going to put out pieces of pre-cut card stock and ask guests to write us a note on those. I know who was invited, so I don't see any reason just to have a book of autographs from my friends. This way, I will have these little notes I can put throughout my scrapbook from the most important people in our lives. I'm hoping it works out OK. My sister did something similiar and the biggest issue she had was actually getting certain people to actually write something down, but I think that would be an issue with certain guests regardless of what you do...
  • I'm having a photobooth set up.  Where everyone can get their pictures taken, they get 2 photo strips, one they keep the other is put in a book where they sign.  The photobook is customized to your wedding colors/decor.  At the end of the evening you get a photobook with all the strips signed by your guest!  The company I'm using has an attendant who makes sure everyone signs the book and she puts the photo strips in.  The photo strips for the guests can also be used as a favor.
  • I didn't read any of those, so sorry if this has been said already....

We are doing a quilt. One of my gfs had people sign fabric squares with a fabric pen and then had the pieces put together and turned into a quilt. I loved this idea. Then I had some inspiration and changed it a bit.... my future MIL has a table cloth that she uses on holidays for the past 20 yrs or so. Every year at Thanksgiving and Christmas you sign in the spot where you're sitting and she embroiders it in whatever color thread she picked for that year.

SO, I'm having guests sign the squares but then we're going to embroider the names and quilt it. Not only will it be gorgeous and a great keepsake, but it will be something to help me bond with my MIL post-wedding.

Anniversary
  • What about scrapbook pages?

Large decorate plate?
    09.10 Siggy Challenge
    PhotobucketMy favorite picture is of the night we got engaged!
  • We've purchased a lot of vintage postcards and we are going to have them sitting out with a sign that reads "Please write a note for the newlyweds. These will be mailed to the couple throughout their first year of marriage" - after the wedding my FMIL is going to stamp them and mail a few every couple weeks throughout the next year - I think it'll be so fun to have warm wishes trickle in throughout the year!
  • My fiance and I are doing this at our wedding, I read it in Martha Stewart, we had a variety of different journals made each with a picture of us on the cover along with a question like, where do you see us in 25 years, what's your funniest memory of us, what should we do for date nights etc, then we are going to put the different journals on different tables, that way it's a nice ice breaker for people sitting togehter who don't know each other, and you get something besides "good luck" written in a guest book
  • we're also doing the mini journals with the questions on the front but we'll be putting pictures in it
  • We are doing a monthly calendar/address book for people to fill in birthdays, special events and addresses.
    "I reject your reality and substitute my own." "Who doesn't LOVE candy?" Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I LOVE my thumb print tree guest book! See it HERE.
  • http://www.guestbookstore.com/

Check out that site!!!! Its amazing!  Since i'm on a budget i'm designing pages myself to print then putting in a 8x8 scrap book.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards