Wedding Invitations & Paper

BRIDES damask invite set from Michael's - DIY changes made and complete!

I wanted to post photos of my final invitations.  I purchased the BRIDES damask invites from Michael's, but made multiple changes.  At first I was just going to add a green ribbon instead of the black provided, but then I didn't like how the ribbon got smashed.  I also wanted to add an outer envelope so the invitation didn't get beat up in the mail.  See my "All Things Wedding" link below for photos of the finished product.  I purchased the paper supplies from envelopperinc.com.

Thanks!  Email me if you have any questions, spongecake@gmail.com

http://spongecake.weebly.com/all-things-paper.html

Re: BRIDES damask invite set from Michael's - DIY changes made and complete!

• What size envelopes did you have to buy? Thanks!
  • I bought "outer" envelopes.
  • Thanks - I have the same set of invitations and absolutely love what you did!
  • You did a fabulous job!
    planning

• The invites are $39.99 at Michael's and you can use the coupons on them.  The invites have 30 envelopes and then 30 return address envelopes, 30 invitation cards, 30 RSVP cards and 30 direction cards.  They also come with white address labels for the front, black ribbon and seals for the envelopes.

I bought an extra box so I could use the supplies in case of errors and to make the additional cards I had - Accom, RSVP and Reception.

The ribbon comes unattached.  At first I tied green ribbon with a bow around each invite card and then attached them to the envelope with the stickies attached.  Once I decided I didn't like how it looked, the bow was smashed once you closed the invite, I removed everything and started over.  The stickies weren't very sticky so they came right off.

I bought outer envelopes - 100 for $25
    green card stock - 50 sheets for $10-12
    green belly bands - 100 for $24.00 est.
    black cards - 100 for $20 est.
    white labels - 120 labels for $25
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards