Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

Walmart Invitations?

So I'm technically not engaged yet, but we are planning anyway.  Ring is still at the jewelry being made, but we are visiting venues before I even get it.  Target date:  June 29th, so only 5 months to plan!
Has anyone used Walmart Stationary (save the dates, inivations, etc)?  They seem to be a great price...wondering about actual product quality though.
thanks!

Re: Walmart Invitations?

• Options
    Just checking, but you definitely don't need Save the Dates at this point.

I don't think ordering the invites printed from Walmart Stationery would be bad quality, necessarily. It's certainly not going to be high-end by any means, but it should be the same quality as any basic DIY kit would've been.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_walmart-invitations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:93f0d928-dfbd-41ee-8ea4-388b762a047cPost:ebc92026-c84e-41f8-88ee-dbcf9445be4d">Walmart Invitations?</a>:
    [QUOTE]So I'm technically not engaged yet, but we are planning anyway.  Ring is still at the jewelry being made, but we are visiting venues before I even get it.  Target date:  June 29th, so only 5 months to plan! Has anyone used Walmart Stationary (save the dates, inivations, etc)?  They seem to be a great price...wondering about actual product quality though. thanks!
    Posted by cbfrench[/QUOTE]

As people around here will tell you, if you're planning a wedding, you're engaged. It doesn't matter whether or not you have the ring on your hand. A ring does not make an engagement.

I used Walmart for my Save the Dates (photo cards basically). They were fine in my opinion. Pretty much like if you've gotten photo christmas cards made anywhere. I don't know about true stationary though. I used 123print.com for the actual invites and those were cheap and very nice quality (though if you're thinking June this year, save the dates might be over kill. Either they'd go out now, or just wait until you actually send out the invites. No need to send out a STD at 5 months then invites at 2).
    photo a826c490-726a-4824-af5c-d938878de228_zpseb85bb5a.jpg
  • Options
    Skip the STDs, they usually go out 6-9 months before the wedding, so you are past that time frame.  I would also look into Vistaprint for your invites.  They often have groupon vouchers to help you save even more money.  I recommend getting their free bridal sample pack.  It will give you the different paper weights and finishes.  I also recommend upgrading on the envelopes too.  The standard ones they give are flimsy and see through.

I recently got my Christmas cards from VP.  I used a $17 voucher from groupon to purchase up to $70 worth of VP materials.  So I got 50 flat personalized Christmas cards, 5x7, with double sided color printing, upgraded paper and finish.  I also upgraded the envelopes.  My final total was just under the $70, so all I paid was $17 for the voucher and $8 for shipping.  You can get as many vouchers as you need.  Also go for the cheapest shipping option, they are always faster than the 3 weeks they say.
  • Options
    We actually bought a few sets from Michaels to do them ourselves.  The basic pattern is in one of our colors and FI is going to make a monogram in the other color.  Try Michaels or AC Moore.  But def skip the STD's.
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks for the support from those of you that understand.  Ring is still a work in progress, but the venue is booked, dress is ordered, suit is ordered, and honeymoon is booked.  Well on our way to this coming together, in spite of the ring not being here yet. 

Thanks for the tip on not sending Save the Dates - hadn't even thought of that, but we are taking the advice and skipping them.  

I ordered a sample from Walmart and they seem okay.... but checking a few others as well. thanks for the suggestions!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards