Wedding Invitations & Paper

Invitation Wording

We are about to finalize our invitation wording and I wanted to see if this sounds ok.  We're not going with traditional wording (neither us or our parents like traditional wording).  Here's what we came up with:

Together with their parents
My First Middle Last Name
and
FI First Middle Last Name
invite you to share and celebrate
their wedding
Saturday, the tenth of August
two thousand thirteen
at half past two in the afternoon
Venue
Street Address
City, State

Does the wording sound ok?

Also, for the reply is it accepts/declines or accept/decline?

Re: Invitation Wording

• Sure that seems fine.

I think "Accepts" and "Declines" sounds better going over it in my head...I really don't think that's a big deal though.
  • I don't care for "share and celebrate."  I would change it to "celebrate with them as they are married."  The way you have it worded now, it sounds like you are already married and the invitation is only for the reception.  Change "their wedding" to something like "as they are married," "as they are joined in marriage" or something similary to indicate that there is an actual ceremony.

For the response card, it is in the third person, just like the invitation, so accepts/declines.
  • Thanks for your help!  We did some more digging and I think we're going to change the wording to this:

Together with their parents
    My First Middle Last Name
    and
    FI First Middle Last Name
    invite you to share
    in a celebration of love
    as they join hands in marriage
    Saturday, the tenth of August
    two thousand thirteen
     half past two o'clock
    Venue
    Street Address
    City, State
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_invitation-wording-123?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:aa84fe33-14f8-4d34-896a-4eb9479a518bPost:e1574449-5c17-49c2-921a-acc7851af476">Re: Invitation Wording</a>:
    [QUOTE]"Invite you to share in a celebration of love" bring images of a hippie love fest to mind.  I remember the '70s!  Please reconsider.
    Posted by CMGr[/QUOTE]

<div>HAHA Thanks for the tip.  I didn't even think of that.</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards