Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

Deceased parent

I've been searching online for an answer to my question, but I've read so many different things and haven't really understood.

My father passed away a few years ago and I am getting married this Novemer. Originally in my invitation I had worded it like this:

"

Dad Molina and Mum Molina

request the honor of your presence

at the marriage of their daughter

"

I had made sure to put a little cross at the end to signify that he was no longer with us. (I remember reading that somewhere online about adding a little cross in invitations.) After I printed out a sample invitation, my mother said that she didn't think I should add my dad because he was deceased. She also added that it would be weird to say that a dead person was requesting the honor because the person was dead. I got a bit upset because I wanted to add my father in the invitation, but after thinking about it I became unsure.

Do we add a deceased person? Or leave them out? I know it's my wedding and I can do it however I want, but I wouldn't want guests to be weirded out or looking at it strange.

How would a proper invitation be worded in this situation? Thank you in advance.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Deceased parent

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards