Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

Invite Wording

So for our recption we are going to be having lawn games. We want guests to dress nice; ie no jeans, but also want them to know to maybe bring some comfy shoes for some fun games. The venue is outside and we will have cornhole, badmitton, horseshoes and things like that set up. Should we put this on the invite or would putting it on a wedding webiste be more appropriate. If I put it on the invite how should I word it?

Secondly, is it inappropriate to ask certain, more techy savvy guests, to RSVP online instead of having to do postage stamps for all those RSVPs? 

Thanks everyone in advance!

Re: Invite Wording

• Options
    SlothGoalsSlothGoals member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited February 2013
    I would put the stuff about games on your website, but if your reception is in a different location than your ceremony you can include a reception card that indicates it will be an indoor/outdoor event, or whatever so your guests can choose their attire appropriately.

For RSVPs you should have all guests reply the same way. If you prefer RSVPing online you should give a phone option as well for those who aren't as savvy. However, DON'T use The Knot RSVP tool for replying online! TK is notorious for having technical glitches and many people have lost all their RSVPs and were not able to get them back. I would use an email RSVP if you're going the tech route.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary 
  • Options
    Great thank you for your input!! I think the website is a good way to go. I am still debating on the RSVPs, I need to talk more to my fiance and our moms about what we should do.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards