Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

What percentage of invited guests will attend? On average?

So, we invited 113 guests.  Our target guest count (for budgeting reasons) was 85-95.  If 113 guests come, our parents said they will help cover the cost of those over 95.  But I'm just wondering how many to expect for other budgeting and planning reasons, ie flowers, tables, accomodation, decor, candles, etc.  

I read somewhere that about 20 - 25 percent of the people you invite won't come.  I think that seems very high.  I think maybe 10- 15 percent decline rate seems more likely. Also, we are getting married in South Africa (where we live) during the December holiday- when a huge portion of people all over the country go on vacation (since it is summer and a work vacation).  

Any educated guesses on how many people I can expect? 

Re: What percentage of invited guests will attend? On average?

• Options
    Nope. Every wedding and guest list is different. As long as you're prepared to host 100 percent of the guest list, you'll be fine, and even pleasantly surprised if fewer RSVP "yes".

photo fancy-as-fuck.jpg
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_what-percentage-of-invited-guests-will-attend-on-average?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:af932dd7-591b-45bd-a768-cefcc3975c0cPost:e779f8db-bd1a-465b-b137-bdd9e53a3df8">What percentage of invited guests will attend? On average?</a>:
    [QUOTE]So, we invited 113 guests.  Our target guest count (for budgeting reasons) was 85-95.  If 113 guests come, our parents said they will help cover the cost of those over 95.  But I'm just wondering how many to expect for other budgeting and planning reasons, ie flowers, tables, accomodation, decor, candles, etc.   I read somewhere that about 20 - 25 percent of the people you invite won't come.  I think that seems very high.  I think maybe 10- 15 percent decline rate seems more likely. Also, we are getting married in South Africa (where we live) during the December holiday- when a huge portion of people all over the country go on vacation (since it is summer and a work vacation).   Any educated guesses on how many people I can expect? 
    Posted by aamoyer89[/QUOTE]

count on everyone.  We had 99% accept
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards