Wedding Invitations & Paper

Cards & Pockets - Metallic Envelopes

Hi All,

I'm going to be having my invites ordered & printed through Cards & Pockets.  I'm going to have calligraphy done and I wanted to know if anyone ever tried writing on the metallic envelopes?  I emailed C&P, they said you have to sample test the metallic envelopes, but only some pens work.  Anyone have any issues/experience with it? I figure I can bring a sampe to the calligrapher and have her test it out...

Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Cards & Pockets - Metallic Envelopes

• I used the silver metalic envelopes.  We did addresses with a typical ball point pen without issues.  

I haven't actually touched a calligraphy pen since the 80s (my grandma used to do it), but I sort of remember that they are thicker, almost like a highlighter.  I really doubt you'd be able to use them on these envelopes without smudges and smearing.  
  • We are using the bronze metallic envelopes and are using a silver metallic pen on them. If you aren't careful sometimes they do smudge.

Planning Bio
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    222image 50image 19image
  • mwiederholdmwiederhold member
    First Comment
    edited March 2012
    I used the Quartz Metallic - had niece calligraphy the seating cards w/ calligraphy pens, you have to set them aside to dry after writing on them.

Envelopes however, are different b/c they're obv more exposed - I would test it out by writing on it and mail it to yourself.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My envelopes and paper were not metallic, but our caligrapher couldn't print on our invitation cardstock. The ink bled and looked terrible. She had no problems with our envelopes though. So I think doing a test run to make sure is a great idea. I would have saved myself alot of money had I done that.

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • I printed my addresses at home on my Crystal metallic envelopes from C&P without problems, however I used a stamp that I ordered off Etsy for the return address and I did have to let it sit for a second or it would smudge!
    image Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks!! I'm going to buy samples of the envelopes and have the calligrapher test it out.  Better to be safe than sorry!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards