Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

what to do w/rsvp cards?

Hi, everyone!  We are having an Vintage Red Carpet themed wedding and our invites are on a single card, designed to look like a mini movie poster.  We were thinking the RSVP card and the More Information card could each be designed to look like a vintage-style movie ticket.  But, how would the guests get them back to us?  Do we include a SASE with the invite and "tickets"?  Any ideas?
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: what to do w/rsvp cards?

• Options
    Yes, include a stamped and addressed envelope for them to mail it back to you in.

Another option that some people do is to RSVP via a wedding website.  Then there is no need for the card to come back to you.  This really only makes sense if most of your guest list is fairly internet savvy, though.
  • Options
    Yes, we will design them ourselves.  My FH is a graphic designer, so we have everything we need to do it except the wedding protocol, lol. I even thought about doing the internet RSVP, as we are registered online as well.  I think I will cover both bases and offer them an option to mail it back or reply via good ol' theknot dot com. :)  Thanks for the advice, guys!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Check www.Vistaprint.com, look under postcards, plus the postage for postcards is cheaper.
  • Options
    I would just include a SASE and have them mailed back.  Some people take an internet RSVP less seriously (think evite where it's easy to back out) and many people are not computer savvy enough to handle that.
  • Options

If you just make your reply card a postcard, it will save you a lot of grief and postage. Have whatever design you want on the side where accept or decline, and print you return address on the other side and add a stamp. Chances of getting very many replies are a whole lot better if they can just pop them in the mail. An online-only RSVP will probably leave you disappointed. It will make your wedding seem very casual, and people will be less likely to respond- leaving you with a lot of phone calls to make.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards