Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

GUEST LISTS

No topic for this one, so I figured "Invitations" would be closest.

My mom set the guest limit. I have no problem with that. But then, after family, she decided to list people I have only met once or twice (if ever), and a lot of people that mean nothing to me. They're paying, so they want their own friends. I get that. But never did she ask to sit down and make a guest list together with me.

I feel like I didn't get to put anyone on it until after she decided our family's half. It's like, "ok you can invite somebody -- if we have any space left on our half." GRRRRR.  (Luckily some couples I want to invite are ones my fiance and I know from church, so he is letting me sneak them onto his.)  So I've only got EIGHT I was allowed to put down on my mom's list. And since my MIL-to-be didn't have as many on their list, my mom and dad just decided to add 8 more -- including one my mom originally wasn't gonna let me invite!

How do I tell her it's not fair, that she should have asked me who / how many I wanted to invite so that we could narrow the list down fairly?? Cry

(Sorry this got long. Needed to vent, I guess. Hope nobody minds!)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: GUEST LISTS

• Options

Thanks!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    At this point, if the venue has the space, I'd say "mom, there are X more people that I'd like to invite.  I know your budget covers your list, but I'd like to include these people.  Let me know how much they are per head, and I'll make sure we can cover it to invite them."  

Money always comes with strings.  It sucks that they aren't taking your wishes very much into control, but it sounds like one of those situations where parents throw the wedding because it is a big social event for them.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards