Wedding Invitations & Paper

Michael's Invites/ Gartner Studios printing problems

Ugh I'm getting so frustrated!!! I bought the Brides invitations from Michaels and downloaded the templates from gartnerstudios.com. On the website they give full instructions on how to set up the paper size and everything for printing. I have followed every step and when I print I get little black dots all over the paper and the ink doesn't seem to actually dry and it smears. Has any one else had this problem or know how to fix it?? I have tried priting on 3 different printers now and I'm having the same problem.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Michael's Invites/ Gartner Studios printing problems

• sounds like you need to take them to get printed on a laser printer... try calling around print shops close to you to see if they have a laser printer. If so, ask if your size invite will go threw their printer. I used to work at a FedEx Office and Print store I used to run the Brides invitation paper threw those machines just fine.
    Visit The Knot! White Knot Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 217 Invited...
    image 166 Got their boots on!
    image 49 Missin' out.
    image 2 are makin' us mailbox stalk!
    RSVP Date: September 1
  • I had the same problem!! I tried them at home, then on my personal printer at work (where the black dots and smearing happenned - and this was a laser printer), then at the big industrial printer at work before I finally got them to print properly!

Try one of those large printers/scanner/etc machines - it worked for me and turned out really well in the end, but I feel your pain! I wanted to rip my hair out by the time I was done!
  • I used Brides invites too. If you have Microsoft Word or Publisher on your computer, you should be able to create your own template by using a custom page size.  Also- I found that they didn't smear if I printed just one or two at a time - it took a little longer this way, but they look great.
  • MrChowMrChow member
    First Comment
    did the same thing - using ms office on macbook. measured invite and reply card and defined custom page size for each type of card. had to adjust margins in page setup to center and fit just right. did couple of practice runs on plain paper before printing on real stuff. 

printer is hp 6300 printer (inkjet). worst part was playing with printer itself - moving printer guides and figuring how how paper is fed in for print side. as mentioned above, took time to print one-by-one but worth the result. black on white pebbled paper pops out - nice results. 

envelopes are a little flimsy, but will be adding envelope liners using japanese paper from paper source - pretty expensive stuff, but got good price for these sets so sprung for liners.

good luck to all!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards