Wedding Invitations & Paper

Inner Envelope: Pocketfolds

I started looking online for stationary and everything, and found a beautiful set of invitations/rsvp's that fit my theme perfectly on Wedding Paper Divas. I ordered a sample of them, absolutely love them. They come with what I'm assuming is just an outer envelope; just a plain white envelope, nice paper, whatever. Was fine with those until my cousin told me I absolutely had to have an inner envelope, and she suggested using pocketfolds, which I love, but not sure if they're really necessary... I think it would look really nice with the invitations I want, and it's great that they have the little pockets inside for the reception and rsvp cards, but does it really make a difference?

My cousin seemed to think that it would look too casual with just the one included envelope, seeing as our wedding is going for a more elegant, classic look. At this point I'm just confused. What do you ladies think? Is it worth it to get them? Would it be worth it to make DIY pocketfolds? I just don't know...
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Inner Envelope: Pocketfolds

• I am wondering the same thing.  I also ordered from weddingpaperdivas, its a square invite and I want to do pocketfolds but the colors they offer don't really go.  I want to order navy pocketfolds but don't know if the sizing will fit appropriately and whether or not I should add a mat below the invite on the pocketfold.  Anyone get pocketfolds from a separate website? 
    Another question about pocketfolds...should you seal them with the gift tag/sticker that can be ordered from weddingpaperdivas or something else? thanks!

• If you're aiming for a more formal wedding, then yes - you probably want to use an inner envelope or a pocketfold.

I bought my invites from WPD as well and ordered pocketfolds seperately from Cards and Pockets.  You can order single samples from them to try out colors or styles.  I sealed mine with satin ribbon... but I've seen stickers, belly bands, and even wax seals.  I'd go with something that suits your invitation and the overall look/feel of your wedding.

I would echo what PP mentioned about the postage.  We spent about 90 cents to mail each invite (plus the RSVP stamp) - ours were 5x7 invites with the pocket fold, RSVP card and envelope, an extra enclosure card with hotel info, plus the ribbon to close the pocket folds.  If you're concerned about postage costs, I'd stick to the inner envelope it will weigh less.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards