Wedding Invitations & Paper

DJ is a friend

So we are having this great outdoor early fall wedding, very casual with BBQ.  We are blessed to have an uncle who is a great cook and volunteered to bring his grill, another uncle who is a minister, a cousin who is a hair dresser (and a good one), and a friend who is a DJ who as soon as he heard the date marked it on his calendar.  I am sending invites to all the others because it is their families and them who are coming, and the "jobs" they have don't last for the whole event.  But do I send one to the friend who is the DJ?  I think we should but dear sweet cowboy says it's not needed.  Also this is his gift to us, I don't want to insult him, but I feel I should give him a gift at least?????  Help.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: DJ is a friend

• edited June 2012
    I'm assuming this friend would be invited anyway, so I would still send an invite.

And I would also get him a gift. I'm the type to at least offer money beforehand, and it sounds like he's the kind of person to say no to that. I'd get the gift as a little surprise. It wouldn't have to be huge... just something that you'd buy for his birthday (like a BM gift) and a card where you express your appreciation.

I mean, he'll say he doesn't want anything, but personally I'd be touched if I did something like that for a friends wedding and they gave me a card. It's a nice gesture.

ETA: word was wrong. Birthday doesn't equal wedding. Where's my mind at?
  • I was thinking the same thing.  I think it would be tacky to not send an invite plus by sending the invite to me it says we want you there because you are our friend, not the hired DJ.  As far as a gift I am at a loss.  Dear sweet cowboy keeps saying "he won't want a gift". etc etc.  I was thinking a thank you card and a GC to a restaurant, then having my mother "tip" him for doing an awesome job, that way it will come from us but he will not know.  It is funny, the things that are stressing me about this wedding are not the "normal" stress causes. lol
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards